ver 8.3 final release

Beta Testing discussion on mikroPascal.
Author

ver 8.3 final release

#1 Post by janni » 21 Jul 2008 18:17

I'm affraid to ask, but I'll do it anyway :) - will we have the opportunity to test the new version after any fixes were introduced, but before the final release?
Or will it be released untested, as it was done with previous versions :cry: ?

marko.ziv
mikroElektronika team

Re: ver 8.3 final release

#2 Post by marko.ziv » 24 Jul 2008 15:25

zristic wrote:Beta testing period will be opened for two weeks, after which we will fix as much as possible of reported bugs/problems and try to add as much things from the wishlist as we can.

Then we will release the official mikroPascal for PIC v8.0.0.3 version.
janni wrote:Or will it be released untested, as it was done with previous versions
This is exactly why we have introduced beta testing, we find a bug (or some of our users report it),
first thing we do is to reproduce this bug and look for a solution. After the bug has
been fixed/resolved we run the same test again to verify if everything is OK, and that the compiler behaves
as it should. If you are referring that we should have 2 rounds of beta testing,
I can tell you right now that it is an overkill, and we are already on schedule for other
compilers and releases. Many things are brewing in mikroElektronikas Software Department :)

We really appreciate your help in beta testing, we are really expecting some good stuff to come
out of this section (and some of it is already showing). Thanks again

Best Regards

janni

Re: ver 8.3 final release

#3 Post by janni » 24 Jul 2008 16:10

Hi Marko,
Thanks for the reply.
marko.ziv wrote:... and we are already on schedule for other
compilers and releases. Many things are brewing in mikroElektronikas Software Department :),...
We all know that and count on it :D (especially looking forward for the command line compiler).
After the bug has
been fixed/resolved we run the same test again to verify if everything is OK, and that the compiler behaves
as it should. If you are referring that we should have 2 rounds of beta testing,
I can tell you right now that it is an overkill,...
Yeah, I know it's regarded unnecessary. Previous experiences show, unfortunately, that some bugs/quirks were introduced exactly between the beta version and the final release (and some fixes were simply forgotten :cry: ). I guess, we'll have to hope for the best...

Return to “mikroPascal Beta Testing”