Please prevent the HID terminal blocking the PC

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroPascal.
Author

Please prevent the HID terminal blocking the PC

#1 Post by Dany » 07 Sep 2008 11:57

Please prevent the HID terminal blocking the PC when the USB connection with the PIC is lost for some reason.
The blocking of the PC makes it necessary to reset it, which is very inconvenient while developing software.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work! :D
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)
Remember when we were young? We shone like the sun. (David Gilmour)

zristic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Please prevent the HID terminal blocking the PC

#2 Post by zristic » 08 Sep 2008 15:16

Hi Dany,
The issue has been raised a couple of times in the past.
It is difficult to resolve the issue since the error is not reproducible on our side. If you can please show us the steps which lead to freezing, otherwise we can only scratch our heads wondering what to do.

Dany

#3 Post by Dany » 08 Sep 2008 15:29

zristic wrote:Hi Dany,
The issue has been raised a couple of times in the past.
It is difficult to resolve the issue since the error is not reproducible on our side. If you can please show us the steps which lead to freezing, otherwise we can only scratch our heads wondering what to do.
I can imagine that. :D Well, anything that makes the HID device disconnect while the HID terminal is active:
4. Blocking of the PC.
While experimenting with USB it seemed that the HID terminal can block the PC completely. This happens e.g. it the USB connection with the PIC gets interrupted somehow (pulling the plug, programming the device,...) while the HID terminal is still active.
I read somewhere that in mP version 8.0.0.1 a "debug" feature was built in to trace the reason of the HID terminal blocking. Does this feature generates a file called <project name>.dbg? In this case, tell me what I should try out and I will send you the file afterwards.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work! :D
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)

zristic
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by zristic » 08 Sep 2008 15:43

Dany wrote:I read somewhere that in mP version 8.0.0.1 a "debug" feature was built in to trace the reason of the HID terminal blocking. Does this feature generates a file called <project name>.dbg? In this case, tell me what I should try out and I will send you the file afterwards.
It is a little subprogram which should popup when an error occurs and it should gather all relevant information about the problem. Then it gives you the choice to make a screenshot and to email us the bugreport. If you have not seen it then it means that it got blocked by the bug as well. :cry:

Dany

#5 Post by Dany » 08 Sep 2008 15:54

zristic wrote:It is a little subprogram which should popup when an error occurs and it should gather all relevant information about the problem. Then it gives you the choice to make a screenshot and to email us the bugreport. If you have not seen it then it means that it got blocked by the bug as well. :cry:
No, I have not seen it...
Kind regards, Dany.

Return to “mikroPascal Wish List”