easier hardware setup

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroPascal.
Author

easier hardware setup

#1 Post by Werner » 04 Apr 2005 17:09

Hi,

as I'm fund of the exact Pascal language I appreciate mikroElektronika's Compiler. Am I right that it's originally written for Pascal and only ported to C and Basic?

During my search I found another PIC Pascal Compiler:
http://www.embedded-channel.de
Unfortunately there is no PIC18 support now, but what I liked most when looking at it first is the very comfortable hardware setup, e.g. IO-Ports and Interrupts. As not frequent PIC programmer I'm always nerved when I have to set up all kinds of addresses that might be different for PICs too. Here you can also see the differences/abilities of a certain PIC. They show a simple way I wished the mE Compilers had too.

Interesting enough just a couple of hours ago embedded-channel changed their demo philosophies to the same 2k ability for the free program. It might be not so interesting because it's only in German (on the other hand and strange enough: mikroElektronika not even has a German distributor now :wink:) but I think it's possible to recognize the easy settings I mentioned.

Oh - what I'm wondering too: has anyone seen the new manual for the coming 3.0 compiler announced for downloading today?

Werner

LGR

#2 Post by LGR » 04 Apr 2005 17:18

You're not the first to bring this up. The mE philosophy originally was to stick to ANSI Pascal, so they resisted deviating to make the I/O setup easier. If you look at C (the newest) and Pascal for dsPIC, they do have bit addressing. I expect the 3.0 release to have some form of bit addressing, probably like dsPIC Pascal. You may want to download the C and dsPIC Pascal manuals to get an idea of how it is being approached. PIC Pascal 3.0 is supposed to be a syncronization of C, Pascal and Basic, and will probably resemble C 1.01 most closely.:?:

I am also waiting for the documentation. :( :shock: :?
If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything.

PC Pete

#3 Post by PC Pete » 23 Nov 2005 14:18

Has anyone seen the HiTech C (hiTide) hardware configuration wizards? They are brilliant! I can completely reconfigure a device in less than a minute, with all changes reflected in code. Now THAT's a good config tool! (It also warns if you try to use a port pin that's being used by a hardware module. Nice.)
Data is not Information. Information is not Knowledge. Knowledge is not Wisdom.

Return to “mikroPascal Wish List”