Micromega Maths Co-processor Lib

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroPascal.
Author

Micromega Maths Co-processor Lib

#1 Post by RytonMike » 26 Nov 2006 19:32

I have just been reading the material on the maths co-processor from Micromega http://www.micromegacorp.com/index.html . Wouldn’t it be grate to have a co-processor supported Maths library for micro-Pascal (including FFT) and what that would mean in performance and functionality.

Anyone else fancy this?

Mike

jpc

#2 Post by jpc » 26 Nov 2006 19:50

it may be just a thought but why this detour , the pinning of the device looks like a perfect copy of the dsPIC30F3012 , from the specs i would say it is this chip , if you like the performance just switch over to dsPIC and the dsPIC-compiler of choice. Then there is no need for additional hardware to get the performance you are looking for. The 3012 is a very powerfull little monster if you compare it against ordinary PIC's

RytonMike

#3 Post by RytonMike » 26 Nov 2006 20:46

Fair point, jpc. but there is the issue of horses for courses. I find that many of the design problems I face are more reliably handled by several distributed “simple” processors communicating rather than with a relatively complex one. But every so often I have a need for a combination of floating point dynamic range and precision and some speed. Your probably right though, I need to do some benchmaking…
Mike

Return to “mikroPascal Wish List”