Mikroemedia HMI Edition - Product Idea

Post your requests and ideas on the future development boards.
Author

Mikroemedia HMI Edition - Product Idea

#1 Post by Ikefu42 » 12 May 2015 21:49

Greetings,

I would like to request/suggest a new Mikromedia board for HMI purposes. The board would be similar to current 4.3" (or larger) mikromedia boards but would focus purely on display and touch entry without all of the extra modules. Many of my project plans revolve around user display (home automation and machine control) and would benefit from a lower cost option that would make it easier to buy multiple boards (for things like a home automation terminal in each room). The cost savings could be achieved by reducing the modules to just a graphics controller, MCU, and MicroSD card slot. It could also be thought of as something like a ConnectEVE display board + MCU.

To follow my naming idea of "HMI Edition" there would be a pinout that consist of a simple serial communication interface + power. This could be UART or I2C. This would allow the user to program the board in VisualTFT with all of the graphics but then connect it to many other project boards to get the data driving the displays. In this way it would operate much like a industrial HMI used in almost every factory in the world (I am an automation engineer so I use these every day for my job). It would be cross compatible with any development board out there and also many industrial systems as well (PLCs, PACs, etc). It would be an incredible product with mass market appeal to both hobbyists and industry alike.

Thank you for your time and keep up the great work!
Ike

petar.timotijevic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Mikroemedia HMI Edition - Product Idea

#2 Post by petar.timotijevic » 13 May 2015 10:04

Dear Ike,
Ikefu42 wrote:Greetings, I would like to request/suggest a new Mikromedia board for HMI purposes. The board would be similar to current 4.3" (or larger) mikromedia boards but would focus purely on display and touch entry without all of the extra modules. Many of my project plans revolve around user display (home automation and machine control) and would benefit from a lower cost option that would make it easier to buy multiple boards (for things like a home automation terminal in each room). The cost savings could be achieved by reducing the modules to just a graphics controller, MCU, and MicroSD card slot. It could also be thought of as something like a ConnectEVE display board + MCU.
To follow my naming idea of "HMI Edition" there would be a pinout that consist of a simple serial communication interface + power. This could be UART or I2C. This would allow the user to program the board in VisualTFT with all of the graphics but then connect it to many other project boards to get the data driving the displays. In this way it would operate much like a industrial HMI used in almost every factory in the world (I am an automation engineer so I use these every day for my job). It would be cross compatible with any development board out there and also many industrial systems as well (PLCs, PACs, etc). It would be an incredible product with mass market appeal to both hobbyists and industry alike.
Thank you for your time and keep up the great work!
Ike
Thank You for this interesting suggestion, I will forward this idea to our development team.

Thank you for participating in the improvements of our products.

Also on our web site you can fill forms:

Contract Manufacturing
http://www.mikroe.com/contract-manufacturing/

Product Customization
http://www.mikroe.com/customization/

Best regards,
Peter

Return to “Development Boards Wishlist”