Smaller sprintf and floating point library

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24.
Author

Smaller sprintf and floating point library

#1 Post by Daniel Wee » 12 Feb 2009 19:46

The current sprintf and floating point libraries are huge. I've had to write my own version of the sprintf library and found that even will full features, it could be made considerably smaller. Maybe you guys would like to take the opportunity to optimize the code for those libraries before the release.

Daniel

srdjan
mikroElektronika team

Re: Smaller sprintf and floating point library

#2 Post by srdjan » 13 Feb 2009 11:35

Hi,
Daniel Wee wrote:The current sprintf and floating point libraries are huge. I've had to write my own version of the sprintf library and found that even will full features, it could be made considerably smaller. Maybe you guys would like to take the opportunity to optimize the code for those libraries before the release.

Daniel
We will consider this if time permits. If you want you can send your code, we will test it and include it in the compiler.

Daniel Wee

#3 Post by Daniel Wee » 13 Feb 2009 15:36

You can find the file here:-

http://www.tsebi.com/downloads/xprintf.c

I've called it xprintf so as not to be confused with sprintf but the functions are the same. It is definitely smaller but I have not profiled it for speed. You may want to do that.

Daniel

srdjan
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by srdjan » 13 Feb 2009 16:31

Thanks.

Return to “mikroC for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 Wish List”