serch path

Discuss about beta versions of mikroPascal compiler.
Author

serch path

#1 Post by janni » 06 Jul 2007 14:00

Zoran, will it be feasible to make the possibility to change the search path sequence in Tools/Preferences effective (not just simulated) in nearest revision ?

zristic
mikroElektronika team

Re: serch path

#2 Post by zristic » 06 Jul 2007 14:02

Janusz, it will cause a bulk of questions on support, please do not let us have that experience again, it is a waste of time.

If you really need to hack it, just remove MCLs you want to ignore from the USES folder and put the replacements for those MCLS in your folders, which will be in the search path.

janni

#3 Post by janni » 06 Jul 2007 14:44

zristic wrote:Janusz, it will cause a bulk of questions on support, please do not let us have that experience again, it is a waste of time.
Do you mean the Tools/Preferences/Search path window was actually fully working for some time?

Hm, you got me here. What harm could change of search sequence do if one does not have alternate libs? Wasn't the problem elsewhere? Like possibility to remove the default paths?

zristic
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by zristic » 06 Jul 2007 14:56

janni wrote:What harm could change of search sequence do if one does not have alternate libs? Wasn't the problem elsewhere? Like possibility to remove the default paths?
hehe, you would never guess what problems we find on support.
Just do what I suggested and it will be fine.

janni

#5 Post by janni » 06 Jul 2007 15:06

What you suggested is not acceptable for replacement libs offered to the public - you'd have much more questions then about lost lib files :roll: .

I don't want to be a source of trouble, but people will sooner or later produce replacements for official libs and it'd be better to have a safe mechanism to use them. Maybe, as jpc suggested, add official folder called 'patches' which would be searched first?

Return to “mikroPascal Beta testing”