access bank error

Discuss about beta versions of mikroPascal compiler.
Author

access bank error

#1 Post by janni » 12 Sep 2007 15:10

The compiler does not care about the access memory designator in asm block defined by the user, which is OK as long as the compiler sets it right in the resulting code. Unfortunately, this does not seem to be the case.

Firstly, ... forget about firstly - I've mistaken the variable address :oops: , so my point wasn't valid. Compiler sets the access memory designator for GPRs properly, whatever the user's setting is.

The following also does not make sense, but stays as a reminder :wink: .
Secondly, instructions containing SFRs are not always having correct access memory designator. For example, instruction negf is almost always compiled with access memory designator set to default (i.e. 1). Like in this:

Code: Select all

negf	WREG,F,0
results in final code

$6DE8		NEGF	WREG, F
which means that this instruction will never perform it's task, unless BSR is previously set to SFRs bank.

Why can't the compiler take the contents of asm block code as it is - with user defined access memory designator (or default)? It's the simplest solution and moves responsibility for the final code to the user.
Last edited by janni on 13 Sep 2007 13:59, edited 1 time in total.

zristic
mikroElektronika team

Re: access bank error

#2 Post by zristic » 13 Sep 2007 07:50

Janni, forget about getting support for assembly.
Either take care yourself about asm instructions, or use Pascal so that compiler will take care of it.
You are asking too much.

janni

#3 Post by janni » 13 Sep 2007 13:19

Yeah, I probably deserved that as this

negf   WREG,F,0
does not make sense. Must have been one of my bad days :oops: . I'm spoiled by MPLAB which protests to such nonsense. Will keep it in mind.

Return to “mikroPascal Beta testing”