maybe i miss something...

Discuss about beta versions of mikroPascal compiler.
Author

maybe i miss something...

#1 Post by piort » 11 Aug 2006 23:12

Maybe i miss something... Why do you release version 6 if is not fully and nicely ready ???
-Bootloader still not working
-Lcd lib still not woorking

Code: Select all

25:3 E-3 Identifier 'Lcd_init' was not declared adconlcd.ppas
-Still have record prob
- and so...

plz...dont make microsuck ( oups microsoft :oops:) error in releasing not ready software...
PLZ .. keep your credibility and continu to make the best PIC compiler on the market.

Btw...its possible to have a working lcd lib ? i have plan to test the ethernet and the expand lib this week-end and i like to use the lcd for debugging purpose... yes i can use the GLCD but its hard to break old habbits :roll:

Dejan

#2 Post by Dejan » 11 Aug 2006 23:50

lcd_config works, but parameters are permuted

Lcd_Config(PORTB,7,6,5,4,PORTB,2,0,3); - standard settings

I still have a problem with EEPROM writing. Even I uncheck EEPROM Write in Options, Pic Flash rewrites it all by FF. Did I miss something about it?

zristic
mikroElektronika team

#3 Post by zristic » 13 Aug 2006 22:53

There are 230 examples which are supposed to be tested. Some of them do pass not well tested, but we work on reorganization in order to avoid such problems.

Also, we relied on beta testers in this release, but the feedback was really low.

Anyway, the next version will have all the reported problems fixed and then it will be a very good release.

@Dejan: PICFlash programmer always firstly erases all memories in a PIC then it starts to program. This is one of the side effects of having a fast USB programmer.

Return to “mikroPascal Beta testing”