overlapping range error

General discussion on RSC-4x mikroC.
Author

overlapping range error

#1 Post by eforman » 07 Feb 2007 06:53

I am working on a simple RSC-4x example with the VR Stamp and at some point the compiler started giving me the message:

: Overlapping range 0000FFE6h-0000FFE8h in segment 'L000C'

the compiler still reports success, and i can flash the .hex file, although i am still having some problems with the program. i didn't notice it right away because the Messages window doesn't autoscroll (bad design btw).

what does this message mean, if it is bad why does the compiler let it go, and could it be causing inconsistent errors in the program execution?

eforman

#2 Post by eforman » 07 Feb 2007 06:56

I should add I have added several example Object files (NOYES, COMBO, SI_PATGEN) plus a small custom T2SI and QS object (10 words each). So the code also has those headers in it as well as the techlib.h header. The program itself is very short, about 20 lines.

thx

eric

srdjan
mikroElektronika team

Re: overlapping range error

#3 Post by srdjan » 07 Feb 2007 15:14

eforman wrote:I am working on a simple RSC-4x example with the VR Stamp and at some point the compiler started giving me the message:

: Overlapping range 0000FFE6h-0000FFE8h in segment 'L000C'

the compiler still reports success, and i can flash the .hex file, although i am still having some problems with the program. i didn't notice it right away because the Messages window doesn't autoscroll (bad design btw).

what does this message mean, if it is bad why does the compiler let it go, and could it be causing inconsistent errors in the program execution?
Hi,
You must make sure not to overlap segments in your code. Compiler will not do that itself unless you explicitly specify it. If you have a lot of Sensory object files included in your project it may happen that some of them overlap, which means that they are not meant to be used in the same project. You should open .map file and see which segments are overlapping.

Return to “RSC-4x mikroC General”