MagStripe clock/data read

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroBasic for AVR.
Author

MagStripe clock/data read

#1 Post by mbruck » 01 Nov 2006 15:06

Read data from a magnetic card "clock/data, card present" interface.....

Is this yet another dead wish ????

zristic
mikroElektronika team

Re: MagStripe clock/data read

#2 Post by zristic » 01 Nov 2006 15:20

There are two kind of wishes:
1. Improvement in compilers/IDE- These ones are solved as soon as possible and are of a highest priority
2. Wishes for examples/libraries. Generally, we tend not to write code for others, but if there is a large request then we meet the requirements. This was the case for Toshiba GLCD, SPI LCD, multiple PWM and other requests. However, if you are the only one to wish something, you will wait long before the implementation. Also, if your wish for something simple which is a combination of setting a couple of registers, or calling already existing functions with specific parameters, then you will also have to wait.

Now, let us know what is the interface to a magnetic card. Is it spi, I2C or something else. Which type of card you recommend? Please be more specific.

anton

#3 Post by anton » 01 Nov 2006 15:29

Hi mbruck,
Read data from a magnetic card "clock/data, card present" interface.....

Is this yet another dead wish ????
Have you ever tried to write your own library. It is really not that difficult and I think it will be simple to get the data from a magnetic card. I'm not saying this arrogantly.

Google is really the second best thing it the world (first is mikroPascal) and I'm sure you will find everything you need there.

Anton
Another proud user of LV 24-33A Development System and mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC :)
PortA not working? Add CMCON := 7; PortD not working? Add ADCON1 := 6;
To paste code on the forum, please use the [b] Code [/b] button !! ;)

Return to “mikroBasic for AVR Wish List”