Am I missing something?

Fully featured PIC compilers available on Windows, Linux, and macOS.
Author

Am I missing something?

#1 Post by Cobalt » 26 May 2020 03:54

I have PIC AI for Necto, and from everything that I've seen, there are no libraries?
I don't know if I'm missing something, but with MikroC Pro, I could add support for a micro-sd card with FAT16/32.
All I had to do was check the libraries I wanted to add, and use the built in help file to get examples and lists of the library functions. Very basic and easy to use.
Necto doesn't have that. I've find a list of some older libraries, but no list of included functions or what the library does.

Am I missing something with the new Necto Studio? I honestly feel like I have a basic compiler and that's it, almost a step backwards from MikroC Pro.
Is a library going to be added in the future? If I cannot do something as simple as controlling peripherals or using a library, there is no point in leaving MikroC Pro.

filip.grujcic

Re: Am I missing something?

#2 Post by filip.grujcic » 27 May 2020 08:16

Hello,

You can right click on your project in the Project manager and select Manange Project Libraries.
This will let you pick and include libraries, just like in mikroC PRO.
You will soon be able to use mikroSDK v2 with PIC as well, after it gets released.
You can find the help file and explanations of functions on the following location:
...\AppData\Local\Mikroe\NectoStudio\libs\mikroC legacy PIC\Help\doc
It is planned for some kind of context help to be added in the near future, or something that resembles the old library manager where you could see the list of all functions in the library.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,
Filip Grujcic

Cobalt

Re: Am I missing something?

#3 Post by Cobalt » 27 May 2020 13:28

filip.grujcic wrote:
27 May 2020 08:16
You can find the help file and explanations of functions on the following location:
...\AppData\Local\Mikroe\NectoStudio\libs\mikroC legacy PIC\Help\doc
It is planned for some kind of context help to be added in the near future, or something that resembles the old library manager where you could see the list of all functions in the library.
Thank you Filip, that is exactly what I was looking for. I knew how to enable the legacy libraries, but the lack of documentation in Necto made it difficult to use.

I should mention that I am using Linux, and the documentation is located in:
/home/<username>/.Mikroe/NectoStudio/libs/mikroC legacy PIC/Help/doc/Library

Going forward, will there be any stand alone libraries for PIC AI, or will everything be through mikroSDK v2? I must be honest that I do not care much for the mikroSDK because I build and use my own hardware. It is much easier for me to build a project from scratch for a specific PIC microcontroller.

Thank you for your help.

Return to “PIC AI compilers”