Full language support

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of IDE.
Author

Full language support

#1 Post by tuyen » 26 Feb 2023 09:28

Will NECTO Studio ever get updated so that mikroPascal and mikroBASIC are part of the compiler?

It's been THREE YEARS, and it's still just C.

Thank god I didn't start paying that yearly scam subscription when it launched. Imagine how pissed I would be three years later to still be waiting for empty promises.

According to this link, if you scroll down to NECTO Studio, it says in big bold letters, "I UNDERSTAND EVERY LANGUAGE".

Sure. As long as every language is mikroC, then yes, that's an accurate statement.

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: Full language support

#2 Post by filip » 03 Mar 2023 14:08

Hi,

We have in plans to support both Basic and Pascal, but at the moment I am not able to tell exactly when this will be implemented.
According to this link, if you scroll down to NECTO Studio, it says in big bold letters, "I UNDERSTAND EVERY LANGUAGE".
Sure. As long as every language is mikroC, then yes, that's an accurate statement.
Actually, the paragraph ends with "... in mikroC programming language. "

Regards,
Filip.

janni

#3 Post by janni » 20 May 2023 16:17

tuyen wrote:
26 Feb 2023 09:28
Will NECTO Studio ever get updated so that mikroPascal and mikroBASIC are part of the compiler?
Note the "Save Harbour" statement preceding the promises
The following outlines our general product direction and should be used for information purposes only. Although we do our best to do as planned, the development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described here are subject to change.
and the fact that the 2023+ plans have now mB and mP AI compilers moved to last lines. Filip's response clearly shows that there's little chance for Basic or Pascal to be implemented in the foreseeable future.
EveryLanguage.png
EveryLanguage.png (39 KiB) Viewed 832 times
Maybe it's not about programming language? Though by now no shameless statement of mE's marketing department would surprise me.

Thomas.Pahl@t-online.de

#4 Post by Thomas.Pahl@t-online.de » 24 May 2023 13:01

Perhaps chatgpt5 or 6 can implement basic and pascal in the near future.
ME may then close their business.

Return to “IDE Wish List”