NECTO Studio: what it means for current IDE users?

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of IDE.
Author
filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: NECTO Studio: what it means for current IDE users?

#16 Post by filip » 18 Dec 2019 12:56

Hi,

The NECTO Studio IDE is free of charge and so are its updates and IDE bug fixes.

Regards,
Filip.

lololafripouille

#17 Post by lololafripouille » 18 Dec 2019 17:44

It's not very clear ...

I think I will wait a bit before buying something.
I was one of those who wanted a paid system to help software development...but I was so disappointed in the past :shock:
And you have lied several times about the future of current compilers, the roadmap and all your promises...

I have a Stlink so I will wait a new release for the support of this standard programmer.

I hope this new IDE/compiler will allow the implementation of ST HAL, fatfs and maybe C++ support.
If so, It will worth the money. Otherwise there are plenty of free solutions.

kvlada

#18 Post by kvlada » 06 Jan 2020 12:30

filip wrote: 2. Users who purchased license prior to 2019. will have the following offer during the promotional period :
- A 80% discount on the Perpetual License if purchased in December of 2019,
- A 60% discount on the Perpetual License if purchased in January of 2020,
- A 40% discount on the Perpetual License if purchased in February of 2020.
I'm a frequent user of MikroC for PIC and 8051. Also planning on investing into MikroC for dsPIC, and probably PIC32.

But now NECTO changes everything.

I own licenses for MikroC for PIC and MikroC for 8051. All of them were purchased before 2019. Currently there is no PIC or 8051 compiler available for NECTO. Am I eligible for some kind of discount?

And my second question: are NECTO-compatible compilers for PIC and dsPIC architectures planned in the future? And I mean, 3-6 months future, not years in the future.

Kind regards and Happy New Year.

filip
mikroElektronika team

#19 Post by filip » 08 Jan 2020 10:53

Hi,
I own licenses for MikroC for PIC and MikroC for 8051. All of them were purchased before 2019. Currently there is no PIC or 8051 compiler available for NECTO. Am I eligible for some kind of discount?
You will be eligible for the discount for PIC and 8051 compilers once we add them to the NECTO Studio.
And my second question: are NECTO-compatible compilers for PIC and dsPIC architectures planned in the future? And I mean, 3-6 months future, not years in the future.
We will add the PIC and dsPIC this year, as per this roadmap (https://www.mikroe.com/necto) :
Future 2020
mikroC AI for PIC
mikroC AI for PIC32
mikroC AI for dsPIC
mikroC AI for AVR
microPython
visual OLED AI
visual eINK AI
Regards,
Filip.

lololafripouille

#20 Post by lololafripouille » 08 Jan 2020 13:50

Hello filip,

And when will you support Stlink V2 ?
It's very annoying that it is not supported ...

Thank you

filip
mikroElektronika team

#21 Post by filip » 10 Jan 2020 17:24

Hi,

Currently, there is no time frame for the STlink, but please read the following post :
viewtopic.php?f=248&t=75736&p=302591#p302591

Regards,
Filip.

ua100k

#22 Post by ua100k » 23 May 2020 17:50

I have to very much agree with this post. I am still dealing with bugs in the MikroC Pro that will never get fix and here is a new IDE that I have to shift to with more bugs then the previous IDE. The pace of fixing bugs is very slow. It seems Mikroe is more interested in introducing more click boards and products then getting the product right.

The documentation is also very sparse and hard to read. There is so much to be improved so getting to pay for new with less and less features and more problems seems very silly from the user standpoint.

Since the road map is 2 years for Netco to have all the other architectures (maybe) I imagine that it will be 5 years before it is stable and bugs are not fixed. And then yet another new IDE will come out.

I am a very frustrated user and actively looking for options outside this mess.
lololafripouille wrote:
18 Dec 2019 17:44
It's not very clear ...

I think I will wait a bit before buying something.
I was one of those who wanted a paid system to help software development...but I was so disappointed in the past :shock:
And you have lied several times about the future of current compilers, the roadmap and all your promises...

I have a Stlink so I will wait a new release for the support of this standard programmer.

I hope this new IDE/compiler will allow the implementation of ST HAL, fatfs and maybe C++ support.
If so, It will worth the money. Otherwise there are plenty of free solutions.

filip
mikroElektronika team

#23 Post by filip » 25 May 2020 10:50

Hi,

I am sorry for the issues you are dealing with when using NECTO Studio, could you please explain them here so I could reproduce them ?
Since the first beta version, we have released 6 updates in about 6 months
The documentation is also very sparse and hard to read. There is so much to be improved so getting to pay for new with less and less features and more problems seems very silly from the user standpoint.
Are you referring to the NECTO documentation from here : https://help.mikroe.com/ ? What would you like that we add or improve ?

Regards,
Filip.

Return to “IDE Wish List”