AVRFLASH 2.10 and VISTA

General discussion on mikroPascal for AVR.
Author

AVRFLASH 2.10 and VISTA

#1 Post by FanDjango » 06 Oct 2008 12:01

Under MS VISTA, when I BUILD+PROGRAM a project, the AVRFLASH utility is brought up correctly, but it does not program the right HEX File.

It is not being given the HEX file of the project you built - instead it uses the last HEX file it had ever programmed.

You can set the HEX file manually.

Then if you change project, the hex file needs to be changed manually again.

Further research shows that if you change the processor type, then AVRFLASH recognizes that change.

The projects and Hex-files are on a Network drive. Perhaps AVRFLASH is unable to read the HEX file, does not produce an error message and stays with the old one. I dunno... Why does it work if I select the Hex file manually then?

What's up?

commander_zod

#2 Post by commander_zod » 29 Oct 2008 22:00

It's a known behaviour of of AVRFlash and not a problem of M$ FIESTA. AVRflash is just not reloading the HEX file automatically from drive.
It took me some extra time to find the reason why freshly compiled changes didn't work as expected.
BTW, if you use "Build& Program" instead of "Build" in your IDE, the hex file was updated.

So it's just a little inconvenient. But I'm sure you're used to inconvenience when working on mP for AVR :-)

commander zod

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Who, the ****, is GENERAL FAILURE?

Return to “mikroPascal for AVR General”