Installed NECTO Studio, nagged about CODEGRIP Suite?

General discussion on IDE.
Author

Installed NECTO Studio, nagged about CODEGRIP Suite?

#1 Post by sm0oax » 12 Jul 2023 22:04

Hi all,

I'm a complete beginner with Necto but I thought I would give it a try.
I've used MPLAB X IDE for years but as there's a community edition of Necto Studio I installed it a few minutes ago.
Because I only do this as a hobby now that I'm retired I have to go for the free stuff :wink:
Still have to pay for the hardware though :)

Well, now to the question. After the install of Necto Studio as a community edition Necto tell me that I haven't installed CODEGRIP Suite and that the installation of it will begin. There's only a "OK" button so there's no way around it.
First I thought that there must be a community edition of that software too, but after reading the license (Yes, I do read the license :D ) I couldn't find anything "community" or "free" about it. To stay true to the license I choose not to install it.
Now I get nagged about installing CODEGRIP Suite every time Necto Studio is started, and as I can't click it away I have to let it go until the license appears and then exit the installation. Is it supposed to be like this? Is there any way around it, besides buying a license for CODEGRIP Suite?

And Why does Necto Studio nag me about installing a licensed software when it's set up as a community edition?

'73 de SM0OAX/Peter

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: Installed NECTO Studio, nagged about CODEGRIP Suite?

#2 Post by filip » 19 Jul 2023 14:24

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience, CODEGRIP Suite is not a licensed software if you are using CODEGRIP programmer/debugger via USB, but the WiFi version requires a subscription.

The NECTO Studio asks for the CODEGRIP installation as it is a default programming/debugging software, you may install it freely and don't need to use it at all.

I will pass on your remarks to our development team.

Regards,
Filip.

Return to “IDE General”