Necto 1.5.0 - lst files

General discussion on IDE.
Author

Necto 1.5.0 - lst files

#1 Post by VCC » 23 Feb 2021 17:32

Hi,
Just installed the latest Necto, to see how it looks. Although I'm not interested in mikroC, I want to get a lst file for PIC32 and one for dsPIC, to see what they contain. The problem is that the lst files are not generated, although the checkbox is checked in IDE, for both PIC32 and dsPIC. At this point, I am not too worried about this, but if it indeed does not generate these files, can at least someone from mikroe confirm if the lst format has changed in Necto, compared to PRO compilers or is there something new? If there is something new, can you provide please (attach to this thread), one sample of .lst file (some blink LED), for each of the two mentioned architectures, PIC32 and dsPIC (e.g. a PIC32MZ and a PIC24EP)?
Thank you :)

question 2:
noticed that the IDE keeps logging me in after restarting it, even if I unchecked the "Keep me logged in" checkbox. Is this expected?

question 3:
Does the IDE login mechanism use http or https?

question 4:
Will there be an option for custom user tools, like in PRO compilers?

question 5:
How to change the MCU of an existing project? There is a "button", or it looks like a button under MCU Settings, but it does nothing when clicked.

question 6:
Will there be a demo version like in PRO compilers (with output size limit, instead of time trial)?

As a side note, the IDE looks nice, but it is a bit hard to find the options/settings one is used to.

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: Necto 1.5.0 - lst files

#2 Post by filip » 25 Feb 2021 14:45

Hi,
Just installed the latest Necto, to see how it looks. Although I'm not interested in mikroC, I want to get a lst file for PIC32 and one for dsPIC, to see what they contain. The problem is that the lst files are not generated, although the checkbox is checked in IDE, for both PIC32 and dsPIC. At this point, I am not too worried about this, but if it indeed does not generate these files, can at least someone from mikroe confirm if the lst format has changed in Necto, compared to PRO compilers or is there something new? If there is something new, can you provide please (attach to this thread), one sample of .lst file (some blink LED), for each of the two mentioned architectures, PIC32 and dsPIC (e.g. a PIC32MZ and a PIC24EP)
NECTO generates lst files only in debug (ICD) mode, it is located one folder up (it should be named something like build-...), you will find all output files there.
question 2:
noticed that the IDE keeps logging me in after restarting it, even if I unchecked the "Keep me logged in" checkbox. Is this expected?
That shouldn't be the case if you left this option unchecked, I will see what is going on.
question 3:
Does the IDE login mechanism use http or https?
https is used for the logging mechanism.
question 4:
Will there be an option for custom user tools, like in PRO compilers?
We are planning to introduce this feature in one of the future updates.
question 5:
How to change the MCU of an existing project? There is a "button", or it looks like a button under MCU Settings, but it does nothing when clicked.
To do this, add a new profile in the profile toolbar (right above the code editor window). Once you create another profile, you will be able to change it.
question 6:
Will there be a demo version like in PRO compilers (with output size limit, instead of time trial)?
I'm not sure if this kind of demo version will be implemented, but we will consider your suggestion.

We are updating the IDE constantly, so it will be improved in time. :)

Regards,
Filip.

VCC

Re: Necto 1.5.0 - lst files

#3 Post by VCC » 25 Feb 2021 19:59

Hi,
thank you for response.
NECTO generates lst files only in debug (ICD) mode
It would be nice to generate even in release mode. Please add an option for that.
To do this, add a new profile in the profile toolbar (right above the code editor window).
I missed the "right above the code editor window" part, so it took me about 10min to find it :lol: . So I've managed to generate lst files for both PIC32 and PIC24. There doesn't seem to be any difference compared to PRO compilers (so far). However, there is something I didn't notice before, even in mikroPascal PRO for PIC32. The listing displays function arguments of "trigon" functions, even if they are not used.

Code: Select all

//** Variables locations ** 
//ADDRESS    SIZE    VARIABLE
//----------------------------------------------
0xA0000402       [2]    _abc
0xA0000404       [2]    _def
0x0000       [4]    FARG_floor_num
0x0000       [4]    FARG_modf_num
0x0000       [4]    FARG_ceil_num
0x0060       [4]    FARG_atan_num
0x0060       [4]    FARG_sqrt_num
0x0060       [4]    FARG_frexp_num
0x0060       [4]    FARG_cosh_num
0x0060       [4]    FARG_tanh_num
0x0060       [4]    FARG_sinh_num
0x0060       [4]    FARG_exp_pow
0x0060       [4]    FARG_pow_num
0x0060       [4]    FARG_cmath_eval_poly_num
0x0060       [4]    FARG_log_num
0x0060       [4]    FARG_log10_num
0x0060       [4]    FARG_tan_num
0x0060       [4]    FARG_acos_num
0x0060       [4]    FARG_atan2_y
0x0060       [4]    FARG_fabs_num
0x0060       [4]    FARG_asin_num
0x0060       [4]    FARG_cos_num
0x0060       [4]    FARG_sin_num
0x0060       [4]    FARG_ldexp_num
0x0068       [4]    FARG_pow_pow
0x0068       [4]    FARG_atan2_x
It's interesting that their addresses are 16-bit formatted and start at 0, instead of 0xA0000000. In mikroPascal PRO for PIC32, the Trigon library has to be checked in Library Manager, to reproduce this. In Necto, there doesn't seem to be such library in Library Manager (for PIC32MZ2048EFH100. The arguments are displayed anyway.
NoTrigonLib.png
NoTrigonLib.png (30.08 KiB) Viewed 1450 times
Another issue I've found is that if close the PIC32 project, then open the PIC24 project, the expand buttons for libraries under Library Manager, are gone. If I close the PIC24 project (at least, this is what I was expecting from "File -> Close all") and reopen the PIC32 one, the expand buttons are still gone. It seems that I have to close the PIC24 project from the Project Manager, to properly close it. After that, the PIC32 project is properly focused/active in Project Manager, so the expand buttons are displayed. If only the PIC24 project is open, the expand buttons are gone.
NoExpandButtons.png
NoExpandButtons.png (33.63 KiB) Viewed 1450 times

Return to “IDE General”