Supported Mcus

Fully featured ARM compilers available on Windows, Linux, and macOS.
Author

Supported Mcus

#1 Post by thiagoalberici » 16 Dec 2019 15:00

Hi folks.
First off all, congrats on the update!

I noticed from the list of supported mcus that only STMicroelectronics STM32s appear.
Are there any plans to support TIVA TM4s such as TM4C129?
Also, will there be compatibility with previous developments boards like EasyMxPROv7 for TIVA?
What about the mikroProg for TIVA/Stellaris?

I need those infos to recommend buying the new compiler for my company.
I've already reviewed the RoadMap but haven't found any specific information on this subject.

Best regards!

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: Supported Mcus

#2 Post by filip » 16 Dec 2019 16:00

Hi,
I noticed from the list of supported mcus that only STMicroelectronics STM32s appear.
Are there any plans to support TIVA TM4s such as TM4C129?
Also, will there be compatibility with previous developments boards like EasyMxPROv7 for TIVA?
What about the mikroProg for TIVA/Stellaris?
In order to speed up the release process of the beta version, we have included only the STM32 family and the CODEGRIP programmer. We will support all other MCU families currently supported in the mikroC PRO for ARM in the regular updates.

We are working on GDB server support and much wider support of boards in NECTO STUDIO. Also, our CODEGRIP will have support for GDB so that it could be used with other IDE and compilers. The plan is to be more open, so any customer can use a set of HW and SW in a combination that he likes.

We wanted to put BETA as soon as it was ready so we can get as most feedback from customers, not to fall in the trap of investing in features you do not need and not investing in things essential for you.

Regards,
Filip.

thiagoalberici

#3 Post by thiagoalberici » 17 Dec 2019 14:20

Thanks for the info and the fast reply!

filip
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by filip » 17 Dec 2019 17:33

Hi,

You are welcome. :)

Regards,
Filip.

oliverb

#5 Post by oliverb » 19 Dec 2019 16:05

Do you have a "roadmap" for MCU series that you intend to support?

Edit: Also Please when providing a list of supported MCUs can you provide some form of selection "filter" tool allowing to filter by manufacturer, core type, memory size etc. The list gets pretty unmanagable otherwise, especially when each basic part type is available in umpteen different memory sizes.

filip
mikroElektronika team

#6 Post by filip » 20 Dec 2019 16:27

Hi,
Do you have a "roadmap" for MCU series that you intend to support?
If you are referring to the mikroC AI for ARM, first we will support the families that are already present in the mikroC PRO for ARM, but we may add a roadmap as well, why not.
Also Please when providing a list of supported MCUs can you provide some form of selection "filter" tool allowing to filter by manufacturer, core type, memory size etc. The list gets pretty unmanagable otherwise, especially when each basic part type is available in umpteen different memory sizes.
Nice idea, thank you for the feedback.

Regards,
Filip.

thiagodykrom

#7 Post by thiagodykrom » 21 Jan 2020 15:36

+1 for a roadmap for MCU series that will be supported on mikroC AI for ARM, like Tiva C Series e.g.

Return to “ARM AI Compilers”