New to Necto with V7 boards and Mac

Cross-platform IDE for the rapid development of applications for the embedded world, available on Windows, Linux, and macOS.
Author

New to Necto with V7 boards and Mac

#1 Post by markholbrook@fastmail.net » 18 Feb 2024 18:50

Hi all,

I'm getting back to PIC programming. I have a bunch of PIC18 controllers to put to use and I own the EasyPIC V7, EasyPIC Fusion V7, EasyPIC Pro V7.

I'm mostly using MacOS Sonoma these days and downloaded NECTO and tried to get a simple program to build, run and program on my EasyPIC V7.

It seems to not be able to find the mikroProg device on the board. The only options that come up in setup are CodeGrip and GDB. If I select CodeGrip and scan the board is not found however I was able to select this version of board in the setup.

So I'm trying to decide what I need to do to get going on programming some of these PIC18 devices.

Should I just get a Windows computer and will it work better?
Am I just doing something wrong?
Do I need to get new V8 boards?

Some direction would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

IvanJeremic
mikroElektronika team

Re: New to Necto with V7 boards and Mac

#2 Post by IvanJeremic » 24 Feb 2024 14:21

Hi,

When using EasyPIC v7 boards you need to use MikroProg suite.

When making a setup you can find the MikroProg suite at the end of the setup wizard.
setup.png
setup.png (7.51 KiB) Viewed 98 times
When you want to flash the board through Necto, you will need to turn on MikroProg Suite for PIC and you need to have your board turned on and connected to the PC.

Necto will also show an instruction when you try to flash.

Regards,

Ivan.

Return to “IDE”