Long waited support for Pascal in 2023+

Cross-platform IDE for the rapid development of applications for the embedded world, available on Windows, Linux, and macOS.
Author

Long waited support for Pascal in 2023+

#1 Post by VCC » 20 Oct 2023 09:46

Hi mikroe team,
as the end of 2023 is not that far, I have a few questions about the support of Pascal compilers in Necto. (similar questions for Basic users)

1. Which of the PIC, dsPIC, PIC32 compilers will be supported this year for Pascal+Necto?
2. Are these compilers the same as PRO compilers, only to be made compatible with Necto IDE, or are they mikroSDK based?
3. How are we going to use libraries for various click boards, if they are written in C? Will there be any compatibility layer(s) or translated headers? Are they compatible across languages?
4. If Pascal compilers are going to be deferred, will we have a wrapper or something similar, to be able to use existing click boards in PRO compilers?
5. There might be a similar question about big libraries, like Ethernet and USB, which as I see, are now 3rd party libraries (CycloneTCP and tinyUSB).

I am interested in buying some click boards, but since there is no support for Pascal compilers, it's unlikely I get time to write my own libraries for PRO compilers. Not to mention that the current libraries found on Libstock are tied to your dev boards. They are not very useful on custom boards.

Thank you :)

Return to “IDE”