Package Manager

Cross-platform IDE for the rapid development of applications for the embedded world, available on Windows, Linux, and macOS.
Author

Package Manager

#1 Post by kamputty » 14 Feb 2023 15:00

Hi all,

Necto v2.5.0.

When I press on the "Package Manager" icon, it always says "You must be logged in to use package manager". How do I log in?

~Kam

kamputty

Re: Package Manager

#2 Post by kamputty » 14 Feb 2023 20:44

And yes, I can login to libstock perfectly for the ide...all I see from the package manager screen is the error message and the spinning icon...

kamputty

#3 Post by kamputty » 18 Feb 2023 17:36

Okay, still trying to troubleshoot this...

Things I have done -

1. uninstalled and reinstalled Necto
2. Disabled Defender Firewall
3. Verified that the NetcoStudio app was allowed Private and Public network access (it never asked me, had to manually add it)
4. I can login to the Forum via the Earth (web) icon
5. I removed NectoStudio from Defender access, reinstalled and it never prompted me to give access to network. I manually added it

Observations
1. It will prompt me to re-login to the forum, I give my credentials and it does not complain
2. I sometimes get "Error getting Token" and it prompts me to relog in
3. I had to manually add Necto Studio to defender firewall access as it does not prompt me
4. When I go to the package manager, I get the RED error message "You must be logged in to use package manager", but I don't know how to login other than when it prompts me. All I see is a spinning circle, forever.

Windows 10, latest patches etc...

~Kam

filip
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by filip » 22 Feb 2023 08:39

Hi,

Did you login with the Mikroe forum credentials upon NECTO Studio start ?

Regards,
Filip.

kamputty

#5 Post by kamputty » 22 Feb 2023 10:00

Hi Filip,

I hope you are doing well.

okay, this is what I have just done.

1. Removed Necto Studion from my machine
2. Ran CC Cleaner and cleaned up my registry incase there are registry issues (came out clean)
3. From the browser I logged into the forum after I logged out, just to verify that my username and password are valid
4. Installed a fresh version of Necto, version 2.5.0
5. Start Necto, and it comes to the "home" screen,it has not prompted me for a password etc...I do notice it says "Welcome Back", so it knows me from the previous install?
6. I select "Packages" and get the same problem, "You must be logged in to use package manager"
7. I press the Web Icon, get to the mikroe website, goto focum and login in perfectly.
8. I press the "home" icon, and then get to the package manager, and same.

Where do I login? it's not prompting me for anything.

Since it knows I'm returning, is there a directly that needs removing other than the install directory that holds my setup info?

~Kam

kamputty

#6 Post by kamputty » 22 Feb 2023 10:07

okay, more to add, I was just sitting here and it suddenly prompted me for my username password

I noticed in the message box the following

"No internet access"
"You must be logged in to use Planet debug"
"A network error occurred"
"A network error occurred"

After entering credentials, same issue, "You must be logged in to use package manager", spinning circle.

~Kam

kamputty

#7 Post by kamputty » 24 Feb 2023 17:41

Hi all,

Well, more debugging...

I have now installed linux on the SAME machine (I do not have another machine to test against), installed the linux version of necto, and I still get the same issue, but this time on the linux version.

I logged out of my account, entered the WRONG credentials to verify it did indeed enter my stuff, and got the appropriate login failure messages. I then relogged in using my valid credentials, and logged into Necto just fine. But alas, the Package Manager still does not work...

I connected my laptop to a different WiFi network, and still the same issues (in case it was somehow related to my network)...

Not sure what else to do...

~Kam

kamputty

#8 Post by kamputty » 28 Feb 2023 10:18

Morning all,

Hope you're all doing well.

Well I continue to debug why I cannot connect from the Package Manager. I did a Wireshark scan, and do see a lot of TSLv1.2 chatter between my machine and 52.32.91.123 (libstock.mikroe.com), this server is located in the USA...I do not see any blatant errors.

I was wondering, since I am physically located in Scotland, could this be an issue?

I'm just grasping at straws now ☹

~Kam

filip
mikroElektronika team

#9 Post by filip » 03 Mar 2023 14:25

Hi,

Please open a Support ticket at our HelpDesk so we can continue there :
https://helpdesk.mikroe.com/

Regards,
Filip.

Return to “IDE”