NECTO Studio Update 2.4.0

Cross-platform IDE for the rapid development of applications for the embedded world, available on Windows, Linux, and macOS.
Author
filip
mikroElektronika team

NECTO Studio Update 2.4.0

#1 Post by filip » 01 Dec 2022 14:51

Dear NECTO Studio user, NECTO 2.4.0 is here!

Welcome to November 2022 release of NECTO Studio. This update brings a new full architectural module support for AVR as well as introducing software I2C library so you don’t have to worry about the pesky MCUs that don’t have this useful peripheral.

We also bring you some new cool features, like command palette, and editor zoom floating widget, as well as some minor improvements.

NECTO Studio has survived some colossal changes. Just to name a few:
  • mikroSDK 2.7.0
  • support 100+ AVR MCUs
  • Command palette widget
  • Zoom Floating widget
Continue reading to see what new features and improvements our software department has delivered.

NEW FEATURES

1. mikroSDK with AVR support

The long-awaited and requested support for Microchips AVR line of micro-controllers has finally arrived. The initial release supports more than 100 MCUs from the popular vendor. This basically means that all of our Click libraries can now be used natively and hassle-free.

The following modules are supported:
  • ADC
  • SPI
  • UART
  • I2C (with additional software I2C support)
  • PWM
  • GPIO
Some of the minor improvements and fixes include:
  • Improvement for the issue of bad conversion for the special case in the graphic library
  • Fixed VTFT implementation for PIC18F57Q43
  • Fixed I2C implementation for some PIC 8bit devices
  • Fixed GPIO implementation for RISC-V devices
  • Fixed TFT port setting for MCU Card 11 for PIC
  • Fixed inclusion of adequate mcu_definitions header file for some STM32 devices
  • Added option to include/exclude the desired module per MCU based on module availability
2. Command palette widget

We introduce a brand new widget - the Command Palette. The user can find most NECTO actions here. It also displays the action icon, its name and current keyboard shortcut. Press Ctrl + F1 to open it and type an action in the filter bar. Then just hit enter to trigger it.

3. Zoom Floating widget

Another widget that is introduced is the Zoom Floating widget. It displays the current editor zoom level while you are changing a file in the editor. Additionally, clicking on the displayed widget will reset the current editor to the default zoom level. (Ctrl + Mouse Wheel, or Ctrl + +, Ctrl + -).

IMPROVEMENTS

1. Edit menu
  • Added additional options to edit menu and reorganized them to better suit the needs of the user.
These are just a few highlights. For a complete list of NECTO Studio changes and bug fixes, please look at the What's new page.

What's coming next?
  • NECTO Studio v2.5.0
  • AI QA system support in NECTO Studio
  • NECTO Studio help update
For a full list of all improvements and bug fixes please check out the RoadMap and Release changes on the NECTO Studio page - https://www.mikroe.com/necto.

Return to “IDE”