Does not work with 32 bit windows

Author

Does not work with 32 bit windows

#1 Post by fastbike » 15 Aug 2021 03:48

I'm struggling to get Codegrip to work. My 64 bit windows runs under virtualbox and Codegrip refuses to play nicely with that.

I have another PC with Win7 on it but it is a 32 bit version. Codegrip will install but when I try to run it says "The version of this file is not compatible with the version on Windows you're running ..."

Why is this not shown on the Codegrip website page ?

Without buying a new windows licence how do I get this to work ?

fastbike

Re: Does not work with 32 bit windows

#2 Post by fastbike » 15 Aug 2021 04:03

So I've borrowed a laptop wit 64 bit Windows 10 and installed version 1.3.1 (as I need to downgrade the EasyPiv v8 board so it will work with MikroPascal).

When I open the Codegrip suite the window shrinks and only shows a smal part of the UI. I cannot resize the window and there is no Maximise button. The application window also does not respond to Alt - spacebar X, which will maximise any normal windows program.

I figure out this problem has been fixed in v1.5 - but I can't run that because it does not support mP.

This really is an intolerable situation - you are selling unusable software and refuse to provide the fixes that are needed. There are posts describing these issues since March !!!
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (39.24 KiB) Viewed 1165 times

fastbike

Re: Does not work with 32 bit windows

#3 Post by fastbike » 15 Aug 2021 04:19

OK, got around this problem by changing the QT high dpi awareness settings.

For other folks who are having the same problem, go to the directory C:\Mikroe\CODEGRIP Suite

Open the QT.conf file and change the line
WindowsArguments = dpiawareness=1
to
WindowsArguments = dpiawareness=0

It looks like the software is not tested on high DPI displays

Return to “CODEGRIP programmer and debugger”