can not detect or use any codegrip functions

Author

can not detect or use any codegrip functions

#1 Post by kd5nwk » 01 May 2020 03:34

Maybe I just do not understand and I'm too used to the old mikroe software and the programmer /debugger. Maybe it would help to have some kind of document showing the differences in the new hardware and software and how to transition for old to new. Looks like I'm not the only one with this problem. problems

Hello,

I have a easypicv8 and i have installed godegrip suite. How do I get codegrip to detect the target? I've tried every step suggested in section 6 Troubleshooting
The programming section looks straight forward and I assume it would work if it could find the target.
Section 5.1.2 talks about debugging but only for ARM mcu. How does one debug pic mcu's ? I can not find any documentation about that.
Lastly, Since the progsuite doesn't work with the easypic 8 or I can't figure out how. how do I program from the IDE of mikroC or mikroBasic. and debug code? I see how it's done using codegrip but that seems a big step backwards.

I find no information about how codegripsuite interfaces with any of the pic compilers . This doesn't seem like progress.

It looks like codegrip suite can find the easypic 8
Please see attached

Next I selected the mcu I'm using but it can not be detected.

I teried help >updates but the screen just flashes one and goes back to the check for updates screen.

Cycling power to load bootloader do nothing. Quick start quide says for more info go to this link https://download.mikroe.com/documents/f ... manual.pdf
Thats fine if I was using ARM mcu's. Anyway page 19 Starts the codegrip suite section I followed the instruction and setup my mcu as per section 5.1. clicked detect and it failed as per the screen shot above (attachment). there is not much info in this manual.

Thank you
Attachments
StepsTaken.rtf
(6.77 MiB) Downloaded 151 times

filip.grujcic

Re: can not detect or use any codegrip functions

#2 Post by filip.grujcic » 04 May 2020 07:50

Hello,

It is possible to use Codegrip from the IDE. While your project is opened in IDE, go to Tools > Programmer/Debugger Options and select Codegrip for PIC.

As for your issues with Codegrip, you've connected with the board successfully, there can be a couple of reasons why you cannot detect the MCU:
- Try changing the entry from from Vpp first entry to Vdd first entry mode.
- Examine the Device Setup section on your board and make sure all jumpers are correctly set, also check the DBG SEL jumper.

Regards,
Filip Grujcic

Return to “CODEGRIP programmer and debugger”