Tiva Original Program

mikroC, mikroBasic and mikroPascal for PRO ARM® MCUs, supporting STM32, Tiva, Kinetis, & CEC devices
Author

Tiva Original Program

#1 Post by tmandreas » 28 May 2019 18:05

What is the example project to load to get the Tiva 5 C Series back to its "Out of the Box" program? I tried mikromedia_5_TIVA.mcpar but it will not compile. There are loads of files that can't be found or opened and once that is fixed with search paths, then there are loads of errors in netapp.h .

I am not posting code right now, because I am hoping that I might just be trying the wrong example.

Thank you.

stefan.filipovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Tiva Original Program

#2 Post by stefan.filipovic » 30 May 2019 18:10

Hi,

The compiler has changed a lot since the time this example was released, so example needs to be modified a little bit to compile.
Please find the modified example in the attachment.

Kind regards,
Attachments
mikoMedia_5_TIVA CC3100.zip
(11.48 MiB) Downloaded 120 times
Stefan Filipović

tmandreas

#3 Post by tmandreas » 31 May 2019 13:55

Thank you for the updated example. It is much closer to building than what was available. There still seems to be something missing though. It seems that the problem lies with the USBHost functions. I have clicked to add the USB libraries, but USBHost functions are not in that library. Here are the errors from the log file. I am attaching the full log file as well.

hint: 0 1004 interrupt handler (USB0Interrupt at 0x003A) mikromedia_5_TIVA_main.c
error: 147 324 Undeclared identifier 'USBHost_IntHandler' in expression mikromedia_5_TIVA_main.c
error: 173 324 Undeclared identifier 'USBHost_Main' in expression mikromedia_5_TIVA_main.c
diagnostics: 0 122 Compilation Started stdint.h
error: 168 324 Undeclared identifier 'USBHost_HIDGetDeviceType' in expression HID_Mouse.c
error: 168 324 Undeclared identifier '_USB_HOST_HID_DEVICE_MOUSE' in expression HID_Mouse.c
error: 168 317 Operator '' is not applicable to these operands '' HID_Mouse.c
error: 172 324 Undeclared identifier 'USBHost_HIDGetDeviceType' in expression HID_Mouse.c
error: 172 324 Undeclared identifier '_USB_HOST_HID_DEVICE_KEYB' in expression HID_Mouse.c
error: 172 317 Operator '' is not applicable to these operands '' HID_Mouse.c
error: 303 324 Undeclared identifier '_USB_HOST_EVENT_DEVICE_DISCONNECTED' in expression HID_Mouse.c
error: 308 324 Undeclared identifier '_USB_HOST_EVENT_DEVICE_CONNECTED' in expression HID_Mouse.c
error: 312 324 Undeclared identifier '_USB_HOST_EVENT_DEVICE_ENUMERATED' in expression HID_Mouse.c
error: 347 324 Undeclared identifier 'USBHost_HIDInit' in expression HID_Mouse.c
error: 348 324 Undeclared identifier 'USBHost_RegisterDeviceEventHandler' in expression HID_Mouse.c
error: 351 324 Undeclared identifier 'USBHost_Init' in expression HID_Mouse.c
error: 0 102 Finished (with errors): 31 May 2019, 08:45:49 mikromedia_5_TIVA.mcpar

tmandreas

#4 Post by tmandreas » 31 May 2019 15:27

BAD NEWS: The Accelerometer portion DOES NOT WORK. It does just what my boiled down test version does. The accelerometer portion does not seem to even start. I am not sure if it is the I2C configuration (which looks right to me), or the functions for writing data over I2C to the ADXL345.

I finally found the library to compile the program. I compiled it, programmed the board and now the accolerometer portion does not work. When Accelerometer is selected, the screen changes, but no results are displayed and the board/display freezes up. It needs RESET to work or respond again.
The other functions I tested (Paint, TicTacToe, and RGBLight) all worked.

stefan.filipovic
mikroElektronika team

#5 Post by stefan.filipovic » 31 May 2019 17:33

Hi,

I've just tested it, the accelerometer works well with this example.

So, please download the example and test it by writing the hex file into the mikromedia (without compiling, just load and write the hex file), and let me know does it works.

Kind regards,
Stefan Filipović

tmandreas

#6 Post by tmandreas » 31 May 2019 18:49

This has been a bizarre issue. Just before your last reply, it all of a sudden started working. I had hooked up an oscilloscope and was not getting anything, then had powered down the display for a while. I came back and it there was data showing up. I reloaded the code and the accelerometer was working and continued to work for a while, even my test code worked fine. Then, as I was starting to change code and test, the accelerometer started not working again. I reloaded your example and it didn't work.

It turns out, that if I power down the display and disconnect the USB (going to ICD) for a short time, then it starts working again. There seems to be some sort of a hang up if the system is reprogrammed while running. Not sure if that is what it is, but the power removal seems to get it working again.

stefan.filipovic
mikroElektronika team

#7 Post by stefan.filipovic » 03 Jun 2019 16:48

Hi,

I'm glad that you have managed to run the Accelerometer example.

How do you power the board, do you use external or battery power supply?

Kind regards,
Stefan Filipović

tmandreas

#8 Post by tmandreas » 06 Jun 2019 22:33

Currently, I am powering through the USB cable. I am wondering if the accelerometer is hanging when a reprogram happens while I2C communications are going. Not sure, but it does still hang sometimes when I don't stop reading the accel values when I reprogram.

stefan.filipovic
mikroElektronika team

#9 Post by stefan.filipovic » 07 Jun 2019 15:43

Hi,

I've managed to reproduce this issue, but only if I'm doing reset -> run accelerometer repeatedly, so the problem is definitely related to the blocked I2C bus. Read more about it on the following link:
https://www.i2c-bus.org/i2c-primer/anal ... ocked-bus/
I suggest you use ICDI connector only for programming/debugging, but power the board from the USB connector.

Kind regards,
Stefan Filipović

Bruce95

#10 Post by Bruce95 » 24 Jun 2021 21:26

Starting with this file: mikoMedia_5_TIVA CC3100.zip, that I found in a previous post in this thread.

I was able to program the existing mikromedia_5_TIVA.hex file to my Mikromedia 5, using the mikroBootloader. I also copied the music folder and Res_reso.RES file to the SD Card.

The main screen draws okay, and shows the 8 icons, but when I touch them nothing happens. Is there something that I am missing? Is there an updated file?

Is there a good working demo for the mikroMedia 5 available, where I can just load the hex file and populate the SD Card?

filip
mikroElektronika team

#11 Post by filip » 29 Jun 2021 09:54

Hi,

Have you tried the example from LibStock ?
https://libstock.mikroe.com/projects/vi ... 5-for-tiva

Regards,
Filip.

Bruce95

#12 Post by Bruce95 » 30 Jun 2021 20:57

I just tried the LibStock one again. Same results as before. The main screen draws okay, and shows the 8 icons, but when I touch them nothing happens.

On the LibStock page it shows a picture of the back of the Mikromedia 5 for Tiva, that has two micro USB ports. Mine has one USB-C port instead. So, I'm guessing I have a newer board.

Return to “ARM PRO Compilers”