MikroC With Pickit 3?

mikroC, mikroBasic and mikroPascal PRO for FTDI Chip’s FT90x MCUs with FTDI’s proprietary 32-bit core
Author

MikroC With Pickit 3?

#1 Post by saviogomes » 04 Apr 2019 10:51

I've heard different answers regarding if it is possible to program with MikroC using a Pickit 3. I just recieved my pickit 3 in the mail and looked up a few tutorials on it. I came across a review of the Pickit 3 by EEVblog and it was obvious he didn't like it. He said that you could only use it in Mplab rather than it being supported by Sarkari Result Pnr Status Showbox all different compilers. To get confirmation I went to a few other sites and some people said it was possible. I it is possible please tell me how to or link me to a tutorial. I've tried using Mplab but I don't like it to say the least. I bought the Pickit 3 off of ebay with a no return policy so I'm stuck with it. I would be willing to pay the money for MikroC if it worked properly with Pickit 3 but would not be willing if to use it meant I would have to buy a Pickit 2 first to get it to work. If it isn't possible I will likely switch to AVR programming or try to live with Mplab
Last edited by saviogomes on 07 Apr 2019 20:17, edited 1 time in total.

stefan.filipovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: MikroC With Pickit 3?

#2 Post by stefan.filipovic » 05 Apr 2019 13:13

Hi,

I believe that you have been answered here.

Kind regards,
Stefan Filipović

crisvanhamer

#3 Post by crisvanhamer » 30 Aug 2021 05:00

Hi Everyone,
I am new kid to this discussion.
I have with me PICKIT3 programmer from Microchip and want to use it with MickroC pro.

I had gone through some threads regading this but does not work.

When I Build+Program in MikroC pro the PICKIT3 should popup and program instead of PICFlash.

pl., let me know the exact procedure

Thanks in advance.

Thomas.Pahl@t-online.de

#4 Post by Thomas.Pahl@t-online.de » 01 Sep 2021 10:58

you can program a function key under tools\options that calls microchips mplab x ipe. I use ipe and compiler ide seperately, that works great.

weninvite68@gmail.com

#5 Post by weninvite68@gmail.com » 11 Dec 2023 04:22

In toolsoptions, you may program a function key that calls the mplab x x trench run ipe chip. I use ipe and the ide compiler independently, and it works perfectly.

Return to “FT90x PRO Compilers”