Bizarre Activation Licence Entry Dance

mikroC, mikroBasic and mikroPascal PRO for Microchip’s 32-bit PIC MCUs
Author

Bizarre Activation Licence Entry Dance

#1 Post by trevor » 04 Apr 2017 02:28

1. Place cursor in Group 1. Enter alphanumerics. Tab highlights the just entered data (why?).
2. Second tab moves to Group 2. Enter alphanumerics. Cursor automatically jumps to Group 3 (nice).
3. Enter alphanumerics. Cursor automatically jumps back to Group 2 and highlights the data (what the?)
4. Tab to Group 3, tab to Group 4. Enter alphanumerics. Cursor automatically jumps back to Group 3 (what the?)
5. Tab to Group 4, tab to Group 5. Enter alphanumerics.

Does anyone test this at all? It looks to me like you've consistently screwed up the Delphi tab stops which should be trivial to fix, and given the same behaviour across all SIX of the mikroE PIC compilers I own, I guess you must ve reusing the same code in each.

darko.ilijevski

Re: Bizarre Activation Licence Entry Dance

#2 Post by darko.ilijevski » 04 Apr 2017 17:21

Hello Trevor,

I have just tested what you said and couldn't reproduce the same behavior. If I fill in all the numbers, the cursor jumps to the next field. If there are some values in it already, cursor will highlight the field - so, as soon as I start typing, everything gets erased, insta-deleting the unnecessary sequence. 'Tab' key jumps to the next field and highlights it if there's text in, so again - saves me a button click. It doesn't highlight the current field, though and everything seems good to me.

I have tested it on Windows 10, latest versions of compilers.

Regards
BR,
Darko

trevor

#3 Post by trevor » 05 Apr 2017 07:40

Well that is truly bizarre. The behaviour I described was consistent across all six "new activation" versions of PIC compilers. I am using Windows 7 (Professional), though I doubt that would make any difference.

Being a Delphi developer since v1.0, the tab stop component issue seemed the only explanation for the strange behaviour. I guess if noone else reports it, then my cursor must be possessed :)

darko.ilijevski

#4 Post by darko.ilijevski » 05 Apr 2017 08:33

trevor wrote:Well that is truly bizarre. The behaviour I described was consistent across all six "new activation" versions of PIC compilers. I am using Windows 7 (Professional), though I doubt that would make any difference.

Being a Delphi developer since v1.0, the tab stop component issue seemed the only explanation for the strange behaviour. I guess if noone else reports it, then my cursor must be possessed :)
Well it is possible, I had those kinds of situations with a faulty keyboard/mouse several times...
If you can make a video (with a cellphone) and if it's not too much work for you, make a video and attach it, so we can see in more detail what is that about.
Ofc, check your input devices first :wink:

Best regards...
BR,
Darko

Return to “PIC32 PRO Compilers”