MPLAB Code Configurator with Mikroe compilers.

mikroC, mikroBasic and mikroPascal PRO for Microchip’s 8-bit PIC MCUs.
Author

MPLAB Code Configurator with Mikroe compilers.

#1 Post by daflory » 21 Dec 2017 02:19

For my last project with MikroC I used the MPLAB X Code Configurator to map my pins and help find the correct register settings for my peripherals. This is a really useful tool, and it isn't necessary to use MPLAB to benefit from it.

If you download Microchip's MPLAB X and the Code Configurator plug in, you can choose peripherals for the selected PIC, choose a pin mapping, and configure timers and peripherals. The plug-in automatically calculates the correct register values, which can easily be set in your Mikroe compiler project. It makes finding the optimal pin-out, setting timers, and configuring complex peripherals very easy.

It's also a useful tool for better understanding how peripheral settings and configuration registers relate to one another, and it's very handy for modeling a configuration on different PIC's in order to choose the best one for a project.

Since the register settings generated by this tool are language independent, it should be equally useful regardless of what language one uses.

marko.stankovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: MPLAB Code Configurator with Mikroe compilers.

#2 Post by marko.stankovic » 22 Dec 2017 12:33

Hi,

You are right, it really is useful. We will consider implementing such a tool in our compilers.
Thank you for your suggestion.

Kind Regards,
Marko Stankovic.

allan_dow

Re: MPLAB Code Configurator with Mikroe compilers.

#3 Post by allan_dow » 26 Jul 2020 04:29

Looks like this never happened.

Return to “PIC PRO Compilers”