Need a help

Timer Calculator is a free software development tool used for easier calculation of timer interrupts.
Author

Need a help

#1 Post by 1Tap » 02 Aug 2019 22:10

Hello,

I ordered your SpeakUp Click and Pi because I saw the video RPI + XBMC + Pi + click Speakup. and i want to use the internet by voice to help disabled people in both hands using the internet so they can browsing, use facebook and so on.

My question is should i use standalone mode or click mode and what's the difference between them and after give comments to speakup and connect it to PI do i need coding in order my commends be working such as if i said Google it will open directly or i need coding for doing that .

Thank you

stefan.filipovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Need a help

#2 Post by stefan.filipovic » 05 Aug 2019 10:16

Hi,

It depends on which way you want to use this click board.
In standalone mode: Onboard MCU directly controls external devices using 12 user-programmable GPIOs.
In click mode: Sends index of the matched voice command to a selectable interface: USB or UART

When a new command is recorded, you need to set its action. The action will be performed when the voice command is recognized. Also, a 16-bit index number of the voice command will be sent via the chosen communication interface (UART or USB).
In your case, there must be some additional code for RPi that will do the job based on this action.

I suggest you read the following user manual carefully:
https://download.mikroe.com/documents/a ... v100-a.pdf

Kind regards,
Stefan Filipović

barryallen1337

#3 Post by barryallen1337 » 23 Apr 2020 07:43

Hello,

I also ordered your SpeakUp click and try some tests but i have a issue with the notify a master.

I try to get index of command on USB or UART interface but nothing worked.

The SpeakUp recognizes my command but nothing goes out on the interface.

I known that my wired is correct because i get "READY" message at startup with UART output but nothing more.

Do you have any idea of what is wrong ?

Regards,

Benoit

stefan.filipovic
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by stefan.filipovic » 11 May 2020 14:16

Hi Benoit,

I apologize for the late reply.

Please make sure to configure UART Terminal to display data in a decimal data format.
If you use the USART Terminal tool from our compilers, just select the DEC radio button for Data Format.

Kind regards,
Stefan Filipović

keith1fletcher

#5 Post by keith1fletcher » 25 Aug 2021 13:13

I am quite disappointed with the performance in speech recognition... Where is the XBMC project?

filip.grujcic

#6 Post by filip.grujcic » 26 Aug 2021 09:47

Hello,

Unfortunately, that project is not available anymore. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Filip Grujcic

Return to “Timer Calculator”