BUG - VTFT code generator endless loop

General discussion on mikroC PRO for FT90x.
Author

BUG - VTFT code generator endless loop

#1 Post by hrfraz » 11 Aug 2017 19:22

Ok, I'm liking mikroC PRO so far, but there are a few bugs that are quite annoying.

Major breaking bug:
Create a button and assign an action for any event (onUp, onDown, etc.) let's call it lowerFunc. The IDE then flips over to the generated code. If I want to add even so little as an IF statement to a function above lowerFunc, the ide will ask me if I want to remove lowerFunc's reference in the design because it thinks I've deleted lowerFunc. Of course, I have to hit yes, otherwise I will be stuck in an endless loop of this dialog. This is quite an issue....

Minor bug, but important:
Automatic code indentation? Would be a nice feature to have, because as it stands, the IDE likes to have a mind of its own when it comes to indenting new lines.. even if I try to manually tab. I have to open the file in MplabX and CTRL+SHIFT+F to re-indent the code properly.

We are looking to potentially purchase thousands of your touchscreens, but we need an IDE that is manageable.

Thanks,
Harrison
Attachments
idebug.PNG
idebug.PNG (17.68 KiB) Viewed 3774 times

darko.ilijevski

Re: BUG - VTFT code generator endless loop

#2 Post by darko.ilijevski » 17 Aug 2017 10:18

Hello,

I have assumed that you have FT90x compiler, since you are posting in this section of the forum. Strangely I have been unable to reproduce your issue. Can you try and give me the exact steps you were using to get that issue ? I have made a new project, made a button and assigned an action to the event "OnClick". The code flipped to the IDE and I was able to write down if statement with a non existing parameters (e.g. if (afafaf > 0)) and nothing happened similar to what you describe... Can you maybe attach the project where this happens ?

Looking forward to your answer...
Best regards
BR,
Darko

hrfraz

#3 Post by hrfraz » 24 Aug 2017 18:54

Thank you for your reply... Unfortunately it doesn't do it anymore after I populated the user code section and I am unable to reproduce it. Did you try linking two different functions to two separate buttons and then try putting the if statement in the function that is above the other in the code.c file?

darko.ilijevski

#4 Post by darko.ilijevski » 25 Aug 2017 08:56

Hi,

Thanks for the effort to report the bug, I will keep an eye on it, but for now - I haven't been able to reproduce it yet. What happens is if I define first function to a key action and press ENTER, the editor will flip to the code. So good so far. Then I go back to the VTFT with F12, enter the function for the second button action (onClick) press enter and the second function is created. Now I can write any code I want. Only thing close to what you have described was if I was entering the name of the function for the first button, not pressing ENTER, but skipping to a second button, defining function. Even now, I was prompted only once, I have removed the 'offending' function and the program continues working...

I see your lower function is also underlined with a curly line ? You see that mine is not, so it exists in the code, it's evaluated. Maybe the problem is the code not evaluating the function properly if you do not "enter" it with the key or otherwise, I'll keep an eye to this and will report once I have a clear situation... Anyway thanks for pointing out that there's a possible problem here...

Best regards
Attachments
ft90x.jpg
ft90x.jpg (15.03 KiB) Viewed 3692 times
BR,
Darko

hrfraz

#5 Post by hrfraz » 25 Aug 2017 16:09

Not a problem, and thank you for the reply. Sorry it's elusive! I'll let you know if I come across it again and see if I can create steps to reproduce.

Niope

#6 Post by Niope » 06 Mar 2018 10:30

Hi,

I have the same problem.. the error appears, only for event functions: when i open one curly bracket, as soon as i start writing the code the error appears.
The error doesn't appear if i open and close fast the curly brackets one after the other.
Doing in this way i can write the code inside the function without errors.

thanks
Giordano
Attachments
Error.png
Error.png (17.97 KiB) Viewed 3330 times

strahinja.jacimovic
mikroElektronika team

#7 Post by strahinja.jacimovic » 07 Mar 2018 18:21

Hi,

It appears to be so.

I will inform our developers regarding this issue.

For now, you can try and use the workaround you came to.

Kind regards,
Strahinja Jacimovic

Return to “mikroC PRO for FT90x General”