mikromedia for PIC24EP - unboxing

Post your reviews about the boards you have got.
Author

mikromedia for PIC24EP - unboxing

#1 Post by VCC » 26 Apr 2016 16:52

After a few days of waiting since ordering, I've got my mikromedia for PIC24EP board, you know, the polar bear one. ..Quickly started to unbox to see the board and see how it looks, how small it is... Yes, being a small board, was one of the criteria to select it. Having a tight bag over it, the board wouldn't come out, so I decided to power it on from its bag. I was expecting to see the board being programmed already with the image of that nice polar bear, so a surprise came out. The bear was "dressed" in a summer outfit. The brown fur made me think that somebody failed to send the PIC24 board and now I'm looking at the dsPIC version. Being impatient, I've ripped the bag off the board to see the chip. The bad news turned to good. It is a PIC24, so only the bear was out of its environment. Nevertheless, as other mikroe boards, this one looks great and I hope working with it will be similar.

@mikroe team: The grizzly scared me this time (in a nice way). :D For future shipments of this board, please make sure customers are "scared" by the proper bear. :wink:

biljana.nedeljkovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: mikromedia for PIC24EP - unboxing

#2 Post by biljana.nedeljkovic » 27 Apr 2016 09:47

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback.

So only the photo was different? Did you encounter any additional problems with the mikromedia board?

Best regards,
Biljana

VCC

#3 Post by VCC » 27 Apr 2016 18:29

Hi,
I didn't have time to test it in depth, so only the photo was unexpected.

biljana.nedeljkovic
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by biljana.nedeljkovic » 28 Apr 2016 09:06

Hi,

If you encounter any problem, you can contact us through the Helpdesk:
http://helpdesk.mikroe.com/

I have talked to my colleagues and it is certain the mikromedia was tested, the only possibility is that the same photo was used for both mikromedia on that batch.

Best regards,
Biljana

Return to “Review”