speakup UART connection

The SpeakUp software is a for configuring SpeakUp, the speech recognition click board.
Author

speakup UART connection

#1 Post by cybersteve » 15 Aug 2019 10:17

I know this question has been asked before, but I cannot find the solution.
I have connected speakup to my pc (via the TX/RX pins) to a RS232/TTL to USB converter and I monitor the output from speakup using a terminal program (Hercules).
When speakup powers up, I see "READY" on my PC/ But, when I talk to speakup, I do not see the index of the recorded words - nothing is sent. I do get response on the LEDs - but just a short flash on the red light, not half a second.
There is talk of standalone and click mode in the documentation, but no explanation of how you select these modes.
Help!

stefan.filipovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: speakup UART connection

#2 Post by stefan.filipovic » 16 Aug 2019 11:52

Hi,

Welcome to the MikroE forum.

SpeakUp click sends a 16-bit index number of the voice command, as stated in the SpeakUp user manual:
Notify master: Notifies the master (MCU or PC) when the voice command is recognized by sending a 16-bit index number of voice command via chosen communication interface (UART or USB).

It won't send a number as a text so you probably need to set Hercules to output decimal numbers (right-click on the data space -> Special Chars -> Decimal).

Kind regards,
Stefan Filipović

cybersteve

#3 Post by cybersteve » 17 Aug 2019 07:54

Thanks stefan. I am now getting the occasional [01][00]. Lots more to learn:)

stefan.filipovic
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by stefan.filipovic » 19 Aug 2019 13:55

Hi,

You're welcome.

Kind regards,
Stefan Filipović

Return to “SpeakUp Software”