Speakup Click problems [again]

The SpeakUp software is a for configuring SpeakUp, the speech recognition click board.
Author

Speakup Click problems [again]

#1 Post by ste » 18 Feb 2017 21:42

I am having more problems with SpeakUp Click .. this unit is very unreliable
Sometimes it will trigger a relay ... but the next time it wont.
I notice that your product is being withdrawn from the UK market [due to unreliability I presume]

I am giving your product one last chance by linking 2 SpeakUp Click units to 1 Click Relay
Can you tell me what pins activate this relay .. is it just GND and Pin 07 or are there other essential connections ?

It would be useful if you could give me some indication of the "acceptance level" setting
Is it a linear function or an exponential curve ?
The default is '15' ... but is '30' twice as likely to accept a Command or just 10% more likely ?

Please help ..

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: Speakup Click problems [again]

#2 Post by filip » 20 Feb 2017 15:42

Hi,

I apologize for the troubles with the board, we will try to solve it.
I am having more problems with SpeakUp Click .. this unit is very unreliable
Sometimes it will trigger a relay ... but the next time it wont.
Please, can you tell me in which situation does this occur exactly ?
I will need a detailed description so I can reproduce this issue at my side.
I notice that your product is being withdrawn from the UK market [due to unreliability I presume]
The board is readily available at our official UK distributor :
https://www.thedebugstore.com/speakup-c ... -1534.html

Can you tell me where did you exactly get the information that the product is being withdrawn from UK market ?
I am giving your product one last chance by linking 2 SpeakUp Click units to 1 Click Relay
Can you tell me what pins activate this relay .. is it just GND and Pin 07 or are there other essential connections ?
Are you referring to the Relay Click board in combination with the SpeakUp board ?
How did you establish the connections ?

The IO pins on the SpeakUp board can be set to GND or VDD levels, so you should use these pins for your work, and of course GND and VDD.
It would be useful if you could give me some indication of the "acceptance level" setting
Is it a linear function or an exponential curve ?
The default is '15' ... but is '30' twice as likely to accept a Command or just 10% more likely ?
I will speak with the developers regarding this setting and let you know.

Regards,
Filip.

ste

Re: Speakup Click problems [again]

#3 Post by ste » 21 Feb 2017 13:42

Filip

The Speakup Click board is linked to a Relay Click board using header connections recommended by MikroElectronica
The voice input is from a radio transmitter ... so obviously it will be difficult for the Speakup Click device to recognise voice commands.
This is why I've had to change the default acceptance level from 15 to 50 to get your device to recognise voice command "two seven".
The Speakup Click microphone is located very close to the radio transmitter speaker
Sometimes the relays are activated with this voice command (sent by radio speaker) but ... frustratingly .. most times nothing happens.
If I increase the default acceptance setting to above 50 the unit just accepts any type of noise / voice / radio transmission
This is why I need to know is the increase in acceptance threshold a linear function or perhaps a exponential curve.
In an effort to increase the reliability I want to connect 2 Speakup Click modules to one Relay Click board.
How many of the header pins are actually required to activate the Relay Click ... do I need just 2 [VDD + GND]
I currently have set Pin 07 to give a 3 minute pulse to the Relay Click board ...
Is only Pin 07 and GND required to activate the Relay Click board or are all the other connections required using header pins.
If the latter is the case then I will need another relay Click device ...
This will mean that I will have 2 sets of Speakup-Relay Click devices working in parallel to improve the overall reliability

Return to “SpeakUp Software”