SpeakUp to PC/Raspberry via USB?

The SpeakUp software is a for configuring SpeakUp, the speech recognition click board.
Author

SpeakUp to PC/Raspberry via USB?

#1 Post by pdrinio » 11 Jan 2016 17:17

Hello everyone! (I am a first timer, please don't be hard 8) ...):

I have a brand new SpeakUp that apparently works fine in "Standalone mode" (I have uploaded a Project with two words 'Open'-'Close', that action PINs IO1 and IO2 respectively); I get the expected voltage output in those pins, so AFAIK, the board is working properly.

Now, I would like to get/read that "command index" via USB from another system (Raspberry, or if it is not possible, a PC), via USB. I have read about using Rx|Tx|GND pins, pluging them to a serial-to-USB, and reading the desidered index via Terminal (MS Windows), or Minicom (Linux), but my questions are:

1.-Does CLICK-Mode mean being able to plug SpeakUp to Raspberry/PC (using only a USB cable [Type-A in one side, MiniUSB on the other])?; I mean, not using the Rx|Tx|GND wires of the microBUS pins: the only cable pugled to SpeakUp is the USB cable, attached to the Raspberry. Is my understanding correct?. Can SpeakUp send the "command index" via USB to Raspberry (provided that, in General Settings, Notify master is "USB")?.

2.-If the above is possible, which would be a right approach to find the PORT that is being used?. So far, I have tried:
a). In Windows 10, Optiplex 7020, open "Terminal by Br@y++", and ReScan to try to find the port. It looks like no one is found. Please, let me point out that this computer is the one used to succesfully upload the project to SpeakUp.
b). In Raspberry 2, device succesfully found via "dmesg" (usb 1-1.4: new full-speed USB device number 10 using dwc_otg, hid-generic 0003:1234:0001.0002: hiddev0,hidraw0: USB HID v1.01 Device [Mikroelektronika SpeakUp App] on usb-bcm2708_usb-1.4/input0), apparently found via lsusb (Bus 001 Device 011: ID 1234:0001 Brain Actuated Technologies), but nothing on the screen when I "cat /dev/usb/hiddev0", or when I "tail -f /dev/usb/hiddev0", and I say Open-Close.

So, it looks like I can do Stand-Alone, but seems that I have not understood correctly Click-Mode. Can anyone please give any ideas?.

Thank you in advance for the inconvenience, and sorry for (maybe), the silly question.
P.

Return to “SpeakUp Software”