Speak up Setup

The SpeakUp software is a for configuring SpeakUp, the speech recognition click board.
Author

Speak up Setup

#1 Post by megzobo » 27 May 2014 20:25

I set up my speakup board. I recorded the commands and am using it as standalone. I hooked up an LED to my bread board with a 220 ohm resistor in front of it. I assigned I/O pin 1 for the output and connected the ground from my module to the breadboard. When I speak lights on, my LED does not light. I assigned that command as on. Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Or is there another step I am supposed to be taking. Thank you

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: Speak up Setup

#2 Post by filip » 29 May 2014 09:28

Hi,

Can you test this pin using a voltmeter to see if it is a logical 1 when the command is recognized ?

Regards,
Filip.

megzobo

#3 Post by megzobo » 29 May 2014 18:51

I get no voltage what so ever. I even set it up so that when I first open the program, the pin is already set to high. And the LED is on. However when I set it to low and speak the command, it does not light. Thank you for your response.

MaGiK

#4 Post by MaGiK » 29 May 2014 19:24

Hello megzobo :D
This is most probably a noise issue.

1- After recording your word, did you hear it clearly when it's automatically played for you?
Please record your voice command as clearly as possible.
Since you have only one command, make it short, such as "On"

2- Did you get any errors when uploading your voice commands to your Click?

Best Regards
My hobby is collecting MikroElektronika products.
Gotta catch them all!

megzobo

#5 Post by megzobo » 29 May 2014 19:50

After recording my command, it played it back for me automatically. My first commands were "lights on" The word length was set for two seconds. The second set was set to a word length of 2 seconds as well but this time I just said "lights" and had the I/O pin set to toggle instead of to on. Still the LED did not illuminate.

MaGiK

#6 Post by MaGiK » 29 May 2014 20:21

This is rather confusing, but I still want to help :D

Did you get any errors when uploading your voice commands to the Click? Or did it got uploaded normally?
Also, please try to change the state of more than a single pin when receiving your voice command, such as changing the state of three or four pins for example.
Let me know what happens.

Best Regards
My hobby is collecting MikroElektronika products.
Gotta catch them all!

megzobo

#7 Post by megzobo » 30 May 2014 02:13

I appreciate your helping out. I did not get any errors when uploading the commands or when loading the program. Everything loaded fine. I will try setting other pins tomorrow as it is now 9:00 pm for me. Thanks

filip
mikroElektronika team

#8 Post by filip » 30 May 2014 14:50

Hi,

Please, open a new ticket on our Support Center regarding this issue :
http://www.mikroe.com/support/

Regards,
Filip.

Return to “SpeakUp Software”