connect speakup click board with RPi

The SpeakUp software is a for configuring SpeakUp, the speech recognition click board.
Author

connect speakup click board with RPi

#1 Post by enajeh » 04 Apr 2015 09:13

Hello,
I ordered your SpeakUp Click and Pi because I saw the video RPI + XBMC + Pi + click Speakup. and i want to use the internet by voice to help disabled people in both hands using the internet so they can browsing, use facebook and so on. my question is should i use standalone mode or click mode and what's the difference between them and after give comments to speakup and connect it to PI do i need coding in order my commends be working such as if i said Google it will open directly or i need coding for doing that .

thank you

marina.petrovic

Re: connect speakup click board with RPi

#2 Post by marina.petrovic » 06 Apr 2015 11:55

Hi,

When you use SpeakUp click in stand alone mode, click is connected with PC and configured via SpaekUp click application.
When you configure SpeakUp click via application (record your command), you can use GPIO lines from the SpeakUp to connect additional peripheries.

If you want to use SpeakUp with Raspberry Pi you should connect it in click mode (via Pi Shield) and you need to have your program which will be loaded into Raspberry Pi (which controls SpeakUp click and other peripherals).

Best regards,
Marina

enajeh

#3 Post by enajeh » 06 Apr 2015 13:27

thank you for your reply

enajeh

#4 Post by enajeh » 13 Apr 2015 09:43

Hi
could i use speak up click board for chat or just comments and is possible to convert speech to text

thanks

marina.petrovic

#5 Post by marina.petrovic » 14 Apr 2015 11:27

Hi,

SpeakUp click can be used for speech recognition of the words/commands which are previously recorded.
SpeakUp firmware is based on DTW algorithm so you can read about very algorithm for some additional information.

Basically, first you need to record commands which you want to use, then when you test/use SpeakUp click and this commands,
they will be recognized and index of this commands can be transmitted over UART (0,1,2,...).
When you receive indexes of the specific commands over UART in your code/project you can "find" for which words (pre-recorder) this indexes correspond.

Best regards,
Marina

Return to “SpeakUp Software”