Library installation problems

General discussion on Libstock website & codes posted on this website.
Author

Library installation problems

#1 Post by HowardJ » 22 Jul 2020 06:21

I have trouble with third part libraries.
For Instance, a DS1302 Library by Hugo Oliveira
File Name: 1445_ds1302_library_v1.0.0.0.zip
This installs correctly in C:...Documents\MikroC PRO for PIC\Packages\DS1302 Library

The Library appears in Library manager under Third Part Libraries

A project trying to use this library returns the error:
File 'C:\Users\Public\Documents\Mikroelektronika\mikroC PRO for PIC\Packages\DS1302 Library\Uses\DS1302_Library.c' not found.

It is correct, there is no .C file, but there is an .MCL file, in Uses.
Reading the LibStock Forum, I'm supposed to use Project Manager, and add this file to the binaries section.
I did this, and the same error occurs.
I edited the search paths, and added the folder ....DS1302 Library\uses and the same error occurs.

I copied the MCL file to the Project folder, and added it to the binaries file section, and the same error occurs.

I unticked the library in third part libraries, and the same error occurs.
I removed all folders from the search paths, and ... the same error occurs.

Why does the project insist on looking for this .C file, even when it's not included anywhere?

I added #include "DS1302 Library.mcl" to the Project, and the same error occurs.

How do these .MCL files work? There is no explanation that I can find, other than to add the .MCL file to binaries.
I have this problem with other libraries from LibStock.
For instance I installed the MikroBUS BDF API\easyPIC_V7_ generic, and the error "easypic_v7_generic.c not found"

I've written a lot of Small Projects withour any problems, until I started - or tried to start - to use libraries other than the systems Libraries. The system does not seem to work well, and different authors have different ideas on how the library should be implemented.
Howard

stefan.filipovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Library installation problems

#2 Post by stefan.filipovic » 22 Jul 2020 10:42

Hi Howard,

There's an example of this library that comes with library installation. Have you tried to run/build this example?
This is the path to the example: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Mikroelektronika\mikroC PRO for PIC\Packages\DS1302 Library\Examples\DS1302_Library_Teste

Usually, when this error appears, it means the compiler cannot find the path to the library - so adding the Uses folder of the specific library in Edit Search Path window -> Sources section, and then rebuilding all sources by pressing Alt+F9 fixes this issue.
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Mikroelektronika\mikroC PRO for PIC\Packages\DS1302 Library\Uses

The same principle should work with the mikroBUS library as well.

Kind regards,
Stefan Filipović

Return to “Libstock Discussion”