4d-display-click Example and Info

General discussion on Libstock website & codes posted on this website.
Author

4d-display-click Example and Info

#1 Post by petrus88 » 16 Jul 2020 14:21

Hello!!

I would like information on https://www.mikroe.com/4d-display-click.

I saw that there is some sample code on libstok, unfortunately I'm new to using this system and I wanted to understand the example code is obtained through the IDE 4D-system "Workshop" ??

if YES is it mandatory? or do you have to write all the code for hand graphics?

Thank you

stefan.filipovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: 4d-display-click Example and Info

#2 Post by stefan.filipovic » 22 Jul 2020 09:23

Hi,

Copied from the product page:

4D - display click is an adapter Click board™, used to interface gen4 intelligent display modules produced by 4D Systems, with the MCU systems equipped with the mikroBUS™ socket. The Click board™ is equipped with a high quality 30-pin ZIF FFC connector, which allows reliable and secure connection with the intelligent display module. The gen4 intelligent display modules are equipped with the powerful DIABLO 16 graphic processors from 4D Labs, which are used to accelerate graphic processing. The gen4 display module product family offers ZIF FFC connection interface, so these displays can be used with 4D - display click. By utilizing the proprietary software IDE called 4D Workshop4, it is possible to build accelerated graphic objects on these displays, each with its unique ID, type and value. This information can be exchanged with the smart display module over the UART. This is where 4D - display click adapter comes in handy: by connecting the previously programmed intelligent display module to this Click board™, an interaction between the MCU running a custom firmware and the display itself is made possible.

Note: Before you start using this code, first you must perform the display programming by using workshop application.
The display programming will define all objects and show your desired objects on the display.
Also the microSD card is necessary when you start the display programming, and must be formated as FAT16.
When programming is finished puts the microSD card on the display device and then you can start to use this example,
to control all objects on the display.

More information about 4D intelligent display modules and the software IDE used to program them, can be found on the official site of the 4D Systems.

If you have any more questions regarding this, feel free to ask.

Kind regards,
Stefan Filipović

Return to “Libstock Discussion”