FAT32 write speed

General discussion on Libstock website & codes posted on this website.
Author

Re: FAT32 write speed

#46 Post by electroman2000 » 22 Mar 2015 22:59

I'm following two parallel way. In one way, I'm developing my application with mikroC and the reduced speed; this require a splitted swap file, for avoid file too big in size. The code is more complex rather than the case if I had reached high speed. In the other way, I'm trying to implement fatFS in MPLAB X IDE, the official Microchip compiler. I took few days to learn the new enviroment, and then I'm testing fatFS. But I have a problem: f_mount and f_open work well, but f_write and f_read don't work. The program stuck inside these two functions. I have no idea what's happening, I only took the sample code for pic24 from the author and adapt it for PIC32 (very few and simply parts of code, regarding low level I/O functions as SPI, chip select bit ecc.).
Now I will ask in appropriate section if it possibile to use mikroC ICD with MPLAB X IDE. I hope to receive a positive response and, in this case, maybe I will able to find the cause of the stuck inside f_write and f_read

giufini

#47 Post by giufini » 18 Jan 2016 20:41

electroman2000 wrote:Finally, with the help of an expert C user, I found that the problem is mikroC compiler, wich cannot handle certain kind of cast. I don't know why, but in the code there are some mathematicl operation with pointer etc that mikroC cannot handle. Modifing these part of code, mikroC can compile the fatFS library, ...
Ciao electroman2000, it would be very useful for me to understand how you solved the problem of mikroC compiler that "cannot handle certain kind of cast" of the source code of the FatFs library.
I am having just the same problem but I can't figure out how to rewrite those lines of code to bypass this situation.

So, could you kindly share your code?

P.S.: credo di aver capito che sei italiano come me... saluti e grazie in anticipo!

hooper

#48 Post by hooper » 29 Oct 2016 08:25

Hello,
Wonder if someone succeeded to implement Chans FatFs library with mE for Pic32.
A multi drive and multifile will be great.
Just wonder why Mikroe does not upgrade their libraries?
( actually I know.... WHY)

hooper

#49 Post by hooper » 14 Dec 2017 11:49

hi electroman2000,

What if you try to split the problematic math calculation to two stages and cast the result at the end?

Return to “Libstock Discussion”