MikroProg PIC hardware error

General discussion on mikroProg™ programmer and debugger and mikroProg Suite software as well.
Author

MikroProg PIC hardware error

#1 Post by XMAJ » 10 Jul 2022 14:38

Hi,
I have MikroProg for PIC and it has recently stopped working, being unable to communicate or identify the target PIC MCU correctly, always displaying that it is 12F508.
Investigations revealed the cause to be the ribbon cable on the MikroProg having two open-circuit lines.
Replacement of the cable has fixed the issue, but I slightly damaged both of the IDC connectors clips (both one on the grey 10P female on the end of the cable, and also one on the red PCB connector inside the MikroProg).
The unit is from 2017 year so not in any warranty unfortunately, but please can someone in Mikroe tell me the manufacturer and part number of both the connectors so I can replace them to keep it all 100% reliable.
I think the red connector may be a Wurth 690207101072 transition connector and the grey connector may be a 3M branded part but I want to know to be able to get the exact replacements.

Also I give this information in case anyone else has the same issue - the cable had no visible damage but was definitely open-circuit and would not buzz out. I guess the repeated bending must have killed it.
Something to watch out for.

Tanja_Kovacevic
mikroElektronika team

Re: MikroProg PIC hardware error

#2 Post by Tanja_Kovacevic » 11 Jul 2022 16:51

Hi,

Can you open a ticket,
or write to us directly at: support [at] mikroe [dot] com?

Please send us some images,
and we will see what we can do for you.

Kind regards,
Tanja

Return to “mikroProg™ programmer and debugger”