MikroProg and MikroICD not working properly

General discussion on mikroProg™ programmer and debugger and mikroProg Suite software as well.
Author

MikroProg and MikroICD not working properly

#1 Post by aperez_64 » 06 May 2021 21:13

Hello everyone, I've been having multiple issues with debugging. The biggest issue is that the debugger just hangs, it doesn't stop at the breakpoints I've set. The run to cursor button doesn't work either, it also hangs. I have a snippet of code that goes: while(!HID_Read()); and that hangs as well. It also just steps very slowly, I'm not sure if that's just how it is though.

I'm working with the PIC18F2550. I'm using mikroC PRO for PIC v.2.6.0 and mikroProg Suite for PIC v2.70. The mikroProg is running mikroProg Firmware v2.11. I have my build type set to ICD Debug and my Debugger set to mikroICD.

I followed the steps exactly in the booklet that came with the mikroProg. I've also set the optimization level to 0 but that hasn't worked either. I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my settings or my configuration bits. I am still kind of new to this so any help would be appreciated.

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: MikroProg and MikroICD not working properly

#2 Post by filip » 07 May 2021 10:21

Hi,

Does this happen with every project and MCU ?
Can you update the compiler and mikroProg Suite to the latest versions from our website ?

Regards,
Filip.

aperez_64

Re: MikroProg and MikroICD not working properly

#3 Post by aperez_64 » 12 May 2021 19:54

Sorry about the multiple posts. After I'd hit submit the website would freeze up and I couldn't see my posts. I made a new post with more details, I think we should continue there.

Return to “mikroProg™ programmer and debugger”