mikroProg gives false errors

General discussion on mikroProg™ programmer and debugger and mikroProg Suite software as well.
Author

mikroProg gives false errors

#1 Post by nagyan81 » 27 Aug 2017 10:15

Hello All,

I want to share my experience with the strange behaviour of the mikroProg for PIC.
I use mikroProg + mikroPascal pro for PIC combo, all up to date. I try to program the board designed by me, but the mikroProg cannot recognize the MCU, which is a PIC18F65K40. I am not a beginner and checked everything several times on the board, there is no hardware error. I also checked with other PIC18F65K40, situation is the same.
So, the mikroProg programmer says, MCU is unknown, and nothing I can do to make mikroProg to recognise the MCU. It ask the usual question: MCU is unknow, continue anyway? Finally, I clicked YES, and it programmed the MCU, and gave config word error messages at the end of the programming process. Even so, the MCU is programmed correctly, the firmware is running, no problem.

Mikroe, are you aware of this behaviour? Is there anything I can do to make it work without the error messages?
I also noticed similar behaviour with PIC24EP256GU810, it is recognized by the programmer, but gives false config word programming error message, the uploaded firmware is also running without problem.

Regards,
Andras

dusan.poluga
mikroElektronika team

Re: mikroProg gives false errors

#2 Post by dusan.poluga » 29 Aug 2017 09:28

Hi,

Unfortunately we do not have PIC18F65K40.
But i have tested programming of PIC18F67K40 that is in the same family as PIC18F65K40 with mikroProg and i am able to program it without errors.

Try connecting a external power supply to your board and then try programming it.

Regarding PIC24EP256GU810.
We have this micro controller on a mcu card for our easy pic fusion board.
I have tried programming it on the board and with a external mikroProg programmer and had no issues that you described.

Can you give me more details to reproduce this behavior.

Thank you for your time !

Best Regards,
Dusan Poluga.

nagyan81

#3 Post by nagyan81 » 28 Jan 2021 08:22

Hello Mikroe,

I have the same problem with 18F65K40 and Mikroprog. I redesigned one of my older product and when I tried to upload code into the PIC, this error popped up. I double, actually triple checked everything, there is an excellent connection between ICSP pins and the PIC pins, nothing has been changed in this part of the circuit. I tried programming with external power present, but still nothing. Please see pictures attached. I removed the D2 diode to completely isolate MCLR pin from everything else. There is a dsPIC30F6014A MCU in the board next to the 18F65K40, I can program that without any problem.

Let me know if you have any suggestion how to solve this problem.

Regards,
Andras
Attachments
problem.pdf
problem description
(352.94 KiB) Downloaded 72 times

filip
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by filip » 01 Feb 2021 11:07

Hi,

Can you please download the latest version of mikroProg Suite for PIC (2.90) and update the firmware on mikroProg in order to program K40 family ?

Regards,
Filip.

Return to “mikroProg™ programmer and debugger”