Troubles connecting mikroProg hardware

General discussion on mikroProg™ programmer and debugger and mikroProg Suite software as well.
Author

Troubles connecting mikroProg hardware

#1 Post by carnecro » 18 Sep 2012 18:21

I am trying to connect my EasyMxPRO for STM32 ARM development board with any of my IDE's

CrossWorks: error message 'Cannot find debug component from ROM Table' when selecting ST-Link/V2 as target
Atollic Studio: error message 'Error in Initializing ST-Link device' from gdbserver and bunch of errors from client, see screenshot
OpenOCD: gdbserver can start configured with -f interface/stlink-v2.cfg -f target/stm32f4x_stlink.cfg but when the debugger connects, error message occurs:
Info : device id = 0x00000000
Warn : Cannot identify target as a STM32 family.
Error: auto_probe failed
and the session is disconnected.

What's wrong with your hardware? Are you ST-Link/V2 compatible? Can I attach my ST-Link/V probe and bypass your hardware?

Robert
Attachments
Atollic error messages
Atollic error messages
LittleSnapper.png (32.71 KiB) Viewed 3094 times

dejan.odabasic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Troubles connecting mikroProg hardware

#2 Post by dejan.odabasic » 19 Sep 2012 10:54

Hello,

Our onboard programmer is fully ST-Link/V2 compatible.

Did you installed ST-Link drivers for EasyMx board?
Didi you try to use EasyMx board with one of our compilers or with mikroProg Suit for ARM?

Best regards.

pspeirs

#3 Post by pspeirs » 13 Nov 2018 02:50

Hi,

I'm looking at switching from the 8 bit PIC to the Atollic TrueSTUDIO offering but would like to connect it to the EasyMX Pro development board for STM32. Do the two play happy together?

Cheers,
Paul

filip
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by filip » 13 Nov 2018 10:22

Hi,

We haven't tested this, but if the Atollic studio support ST-link v2 (which is 100 percent compatible with the on-board mikroProg) it should work.

Regards,
Filip.

pspeirs

#5 Post by pspeirs » 14 Nov 2018 01:11

OK,

Might be worth giving this a go as the MikroE boards have no equal in terms of competition. One question though, your board accepts a number of different physically sized MCUs from 48 to 144 pins, however your board appears to only have 104 pins to the board. How does this work to support a smaller or larger MCU?

Cheers,
Paul

Return to “mikroProg™ programmer and debugger”