Debugger reliability

General discussion on mikroProg™ programmer and debugger and mikroProg Suite software as well.
Author

Debugger reliability

#1 Post by Alexmouse » 08 Jul 2017 08:21

I did a project four years ago using PIC24 and mikroC. I had terrible problems programming my processor, both with mikroProg and the big development board onboard programmer, it would fail 80% of the time. The mikroE support team were able to reproduce the problem, but never came up with a fix, and I have avoided mikroE ever since despite being a regular PIC user.

Has the problem been fixed? Can I trust mikroE again?

darko.ilijevski

Re: Debugger reliability

#2 Post by darko.ilijevski » 10 Jul 2017 17:14

Hello,

We are using our boards on a daily basis, we are submitting them to various stress situations and test them daily. I was trying to break the debug on the mikromedia for PIC24EP and WorkStation V7, since I have come to a knowledge that you were using those in your projects. I have loaded the example code and ran it in debug mode. No issues even after 10 minutes. If you have some code that you would like us to test, you can send it to us, we will gladly test it for you. Of course, I have been using updated firmware and drivers, everything went good.

I am aware that you had some issues in the past, but we strive to bring on the quality and make our products flawless. Sometimes we run into problems, but we are always working to solve the current issues and correct errors. Sometimes it's quick, sometimes it simply takes more time

Thanks for the understanding
Best regards
BR,
Darko

Alexmouse

#3 Post by Alexmouse » 10 Jul 2017 21:14

I was hoping to have heard that a fix had been found. I may try a demo one of these days, as mikroE do make some very interesting hardware.

darko.ilijevski

#4 Post by darko.ilijevski » 11 Jul 2017 10:12

Hi,

Well I am sure it has been resolved long time ago, as your posts (the ones I have reviewed) were from 2014. I have not experienced that issue both with the built in programmer and the on-board programmer. I was trying to make it break during debug, but I have failed to do so. If you still have our hardware, simply update your firmware and update the programmer to the latest version and see for yourself. Again - if you have a specific example that was producing this issue often, you can send it so I can test.

Today I was submitting it to repeated upload of the code. Also no problems during the code upload, programmed the device with no hick-ups or glitches, using the on-board programmer.

Best regards
BR,
Darko

Alexmouse

#5 Post by Alexmouse » 14 Aug 2017 15:30

I've bought the EasyPIC Fusion v7 with the PIC32MZ2048EFH144 processor board.

If I select "ICD Debug" mode, I can program, but when I try to open the debugger I get errors,
"Error in call to Device driver", and then "mikroICD:-Error Starting Debugger -PIC Clock Error".

I'm obviously doing something wrong?

lana.arsic
mikroElektronika team

#6 Post by lana.arsic » 15 Aug 2017 14:34

Hi,

I have answered you here:

viewtopic.php?f=192&t=70680#p285070

Kind regards,
Lana

Return to “mikroProg™ programmer and debugger”