Watch List save, annotate and load facility

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC PRO for ARM.
Author

Watch List save, annotate and load facility

#1 Post by GeneralZod » 05 Apr 2020 13:51

I have not been able to figure this out but there doesn't seem to be a 'watch list' save and load function. If I do some staged development, it is very likely that my watch list remains the same and I just re-use it. All I seem to be able to do here is have to re-insert the registers every time and this just seems very inefficient. I would like to save that chosen register configuration, name it and be able to recall into my next debugging session very much like my clock configuration schemes in "Edit project". Thanks in advance.

jovana.medakovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Watch List save, annotate and load facility

#2 Post by jovana.medakovic » 06 Apr 2020 11:13

Hello,

I will forward your suggestion to our developer team, so they keep it in mind.
However, if you don't change the MCU in your project, you should be able to see registers in the watch list.

Kind regards,
Jovana

GeneralZod

Re: Watch List save, annotate and load facility

#3 Post by GeneralZod » 06 Apr 2020 20:44

Jovanna, thanks for the response. I think this is a style thing. I create the program in stages and I will re-create as a different version number but using the same development environment. That way I can revert back. So version 2 will become version 3 but the watch list and registers will remain the same during debugging. A lot of earlier compilers and dev systems had this feature.

Return to “mikroC PRO for ARM Wish List”