[WISH]Code editor improvements

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC PRO for ARM.
Author

[WISH]Code editor improvements

#1 Post by metx » 17 Jan 2016 14:21

Apologies if this has been requested before but a quick forum search didn't turn up any hits.

When right-clicking on a variable or function call in the code editor, in the pop-up menu;

1. Make a distinction (i.e. add the latter) between "Find declaration" and "Find definition" as these have two different meanings in the C language.

2. Add a "Find all references" option that, within the project scope, lists all references to the selected function or variable in the Messages window.

3. Add a "Rename" option with selectable scope (Current file, Entire Project). This option would facilitate code refactoring immensely.

4. A bonus feature would be a "Peek defintion" option that opens a minimal temporary window over the main code editor, displaying the selected variable or function definition.

If you have ever written C/C++/C# code Visual Studio 2012/13/15 then it should come as no surprise where these ideas originate. These are minor but extremely handy, not to mention time saving features which I find that I really miss in mikroC editor. VS2015 IMO packs the best code editor available on the market and its best features are certainly worth "borrowing".

uros.cvetinovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: [WISH]Code editor improvements

#2 Post by uros.cvetinovic » 19 Jan 2016 09:42

Hi,

Thank you very much for your suggestions.
I will pass them to our developers.

Best regards,

Uros Cvetinovic

Return to “mikroC PRO for ARM Wish List”