Precomile example - library code issue

Discuss with MikroElektronika software developers about current library development.
Author

Precomile example - library code issue

#1 Post by feuerwolf » 29 Aug 2018 08:50

Hallo,
i don’t like that mikroE puts all example into compiled Libraries and Package manager.

For example your EEPROM codes. Years ago it was a diver.c file, its Header file and some write read functions which used your I2C/SPI libraries.
Nowadays you put this code in precompiled libraries, but transparency and ability to adapt and modify gets lost. I think your approach to do this, is to make it easier to use your libraries, but that’s not necessarily true.
For example I have the your Mram click here in my table, but just opening and compiling your example (pic32 C) gives me a lot errors like “undeclared identifier microbus something..” which i at the moment dont want to fight with.

This encapsulated precompiled example/library mix just turns me off using your compilers. I own STM, Pic, dspic and pic32 licenses of your compilers and shared plenty of not compiled code on libstock, but for new projects I prefer to use other IDE and dev environments because yours got stuck.

RTOS support is nice, but who need portabiliy between uC manufacturers? I choose a certain uC because of its spezial characteristics and abilities and I would rather see you support native manufacturer HAL instead of doing your own.

So is it possible to find your click board libraries in an uncompiled state?

filip.grujcic

Re: Precomile example - library code issue

#2 Post by filip.grujcic » 30 Aug 2018 15:42

Hi,

The undeclared identifier mikrobus... issue which you mentioned is easily fixed by Rebuilding All Sources (from the Build menu, or by pressing Alt + F9).
As for the precompiled libraries, it is simply the company's policy at the moment.
However, if you happen to need source code of some Click board example, feel free to submit a ticket on our Helpdesk.
https://helpdesk.mikroe.com/

Kind regards,
Filip Grujcic

Return to “Library Development Discussion”