Crashes in Win98, and needs 2 more features

GLCD Font Creator software is the ultimate solution to create personalized fonts, symbols and icons for Graphic LCDs. It generates code compatible with All mikroElektronika compilers
Author

Crashes in Win98, and needs 2 more features

#1 Post by The_RB » 06 Oct 2012 07:19

Hi, thanks for the font software it's a great idea. However it crashes in Win98 when I output the font to text, then try to scroll in the text window.

Also it really needs 2 features adding;
1; The ability to rotate a font 90 degrees! I can't believe you missed this one.

2; It would be really nice to be able to open up a font that is source code, from a .c or .h file that comes from anywhere. (Obviously the user would have to ener width and height manually). At the moment it can only open fonts saved in its own format, which is not so useful unless you can provide a great number of fonts in this format.

Thank you. :)
Using; EasyPic4, EasyPIC6, BigPic4, MikroC. MPLab, MPASM.
C since 1991, PIC asm since 1998. Author of many freeware and open-source goodies; www.RomanBlack.com Designer of the www.TalkBotBrain.com talking PIC project.

janko.kaljevic

Re: Crashes in Win98, and needs 2 more features

#2 Post by janko.kaljevic » 08 Oct 2012 16:39

Hello,

We have tested this application and provided support for Windows XP and above.
I really ca not tell why you have issues with Win98 OS.

Correct. We did not provide option to rotate fonts in GLCD Font Creator, but you can do it in library:

Code: Select all

void Glcd_Set_Font_Adv(const far char *activeFont, unsigned char font_color, char font_orientation);
With GLCD font Creator you can import any font that is already installed on your computer.
Just go to File->New Font->Import an Existing Font.

Best regards.

The_RB

#3 Post by The_RB » 18 Oct 2012 03:10

Thank you for the reply. :)

I still think font rotation in FontCreator would be nice, as it allows the final code to be optimised for best speed with a microcontroller writing direct to GLCD/TFT.
Using; EasyPic4, EasyPIC6, BigPic4, MikroC. MPLab, MPASM.
C since 1991, PIC asm since 1998. Author of many freeware and open-source goodies; www.RomanBlack.com Designer of the www.TalkBotBrain.com talking PIC project.

janko.kaljevic

#4 Post by janko.kaljevic » 03 Jan 2013 15:28

Hello,

It is possible that you have issues with Win98 because it does not have support for unicode by default.

Just use WinXP and above and it will work great.

Best regards.

Return to “GLCD Font Creator Software”