compiler shortcomings

General discussion on mikroPascal PRO for PIC32.
Author

compiler shortcomings

#1 Post by tormod » 24 Apr 2018 19:51

Skjermbilde2.PNG
Skjermbilde2.PNG (146.15 KiB) Viewed 1869 times
Again I am struggling with the compiler, and as I have working with a large project it becomes a serious problem trying to isolate the problem because the compiler does not indicate what the problem is.
I have isolated the problem to a certain program part, but you can stare at the code discovering no problem and there is no hint. Now the project is between 5-10000 lines and it is not acceptable that you should go through all this code trying to find problems. I have complained about this before, and you have a lot to do to improve this compiler.

hexreader

Re: compiler shortcomings

#2 Post by hexreader » 24 Apr 2018 20:29

In the picture you post I see an un-ticked box marked "Errors".

At some point you must have un-ticked it, since it is ticked by default.

Add the tick for "Errors" and the errors will be indicated.
Start every day with a smile...... (get it over with) :)

tormod

Re: compiler shortcomings

#3 Post by tormod » 25 Apr 2018 08:51

I have not intentionally unticked it, so it has happen by accident. But if this solve my frustation, when I test it - thank you, thank you......
My experience with the compiler is that it is not exact on fault, you can generally easily get 5-10 faults on a missing ; not indicating the fault but since it easy to spot it is not normally a problem - I have been looking for a list of fault codes and an explanation of these but has not found any. I hopefully get back some faith in the compiler again, still looking forward to improvements in coming editions. It seems that include files always are interpreted as txt files, it would have been appreciated to have pas files also bringing up highligthing when editing. To solve this I have installed notepad++ instead of notepad where you can highlight in any programming language. I am not sure what the plans for the editor are, but a better and more modern editor should be expected.

Return to “mikroPascal PRO for PIC32 General”