Fast-Easy Favorites Code blocks?

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroBasic PRO for PIC32.
Author

Fast-Easy Favorites Code blocks?

#1 Post by Megahurts » 12 Dec 2012 22:17

Hey Guys,

The more time I spend coding, the more I wish there was a favorites code feature in the compilers (all of them).
I use Copy and Paste a lot for multiple lines of code or variable names that need to be re-used, but being able to only have one clipboard
(due to MS Windows) storage space available really slows down the process.

If we could select a block or individual items of code by highlighting it and then just by right clicking on it, add it to a favorites manager list for re-selecting
later by a right-click or from a docked (or floating) window (like code explorer, library manager.....), would be really nice.

Even something that would keep track of the last 5 or 10 things copied and selectable from the right-click menu would greatly speed up the coding process.

Macro's are great and all, but lack the flexibility for fast setup and designed for keyboard usage mostly. I think something that is mouse based would add to
the other tools already available.
You can not highlight stuff with a keyboard, so why not add the power of shortcuts to the mouses functions?

Please consider this and thanks for letting us have the input to request things like this, Robert.
HW: easyPIC5|PICFlash2|easyBT|smartGSM|easyGSM|PICPLC16|mmWorkStation|FT800 Eve|PIC Clicker/2|
MMBs:PIC18F,PIC33EP,PIC32|CLICKs:DAC,ADC,GPS L10,Thermo,8x8B LED,Stepper,W/B OLED,9DOF,GPS3,tRF,Hall I|

SW: mP for PIC|mB for PIC-dsPIC-PIC32|Visual-TFT|

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: Fast-Easy Favorites Code blocks?

#2 Post by filip » 13 Dec 2012 12:08

Hi,

Thank you for your proposal, I will pass it to our developers.

Regards,
Filip.

Return to “mikroBasic PRO for PIC32 Wish List”